Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Thu, January 22nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
Takin the low road.....

Cajun is on a distinguished road

Well, I was partially right. I stopped at a Sunoco and they have 85, 89 & 93. I'm sure that's where I got the 97 a while back though. The BP I went by had a pump for VP Super Fuel, 101 octane, "contains no ethanol".

QueenCityBashers.com
South Central NC RC Bashers
Old Thu, January 22nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Takin the low road.....

Ok, I decided to do a little survey around the small town I live closest too. I wanted to see what all the major brands had as well as check the other BP, because I remembered seeing two extra single pumps there. Everyone has the same at the main pumps, 85, 89, 93. The BP across town had a K-1 pump and amazingly enough they had a pump for....

110 Octane VP Race Fuel

Monroe does have several local race shops based here and a bunch of tracks close, but I didn't expect to find a 110 pump in town. You KNOW that's ending up on the street.

QueenCityBashers.com
Old Thu, January 22nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Cajun,

Where was that BP located? Need to make a note of it next time we go to Rockingham.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, January 22nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
Ok, I decided to do a little survey around the small town I live closest too. I wanted to see what all the major brands had as well as check the other BP, because I remembered seeing two extra single pumps there. Everyone has the same at the main pumps, 85, 89, 93. The BP across town had a K-1 pump and amazingly enough they had a pump for....

110 Octane VP Race Fuel

Monroe does have several local race shops based here and a bunch of tracks close, but I didn't expect to find a 110 pump in town. You KNOW that's ending up on the street.
Well, I'm shocked! I never knew you would find racing fuel in a regular service station. Guess I'm still not to old to learn something new, eh? :o

- Jack
Old Thu, January 22nd, 2009, 05:14 PM
Takin the low road.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Cajun,

Where was that BP located? Need to make a note of it next time we go to Rockingham.
It's between Old Charlotte Hwy and Concord Ave. right at the "Y", about 1/2 mile from downtown Monroe.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.99...z=18&t=h&hl=en

Can you write a 110 tune for my F150?

Next time you go to Rockingham, let me know, maybe we can meet up someplace.

QueenCityBashers.com
Old Thu, January 22nd, 2009, 05:18 PM
Takin the low road.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Well, I'm shocked! I never knew you would find racing fuel in a regular service station. Guess I'm still not to old to learn something new, eh? :o

- Jack
I was shocked too, I didn't expect to find anything that high. They have a big sign right next to it about selling "fuel jugs" inside the store so it's obviously not suppose to be on the street, but.......

QueenCityBashers.com
Old Thu, January 22nd, 2009, 05:37 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Can you write a 110 tune for my F150?

Next time you go to Rockingham, let me know, maybe we can meet up someplace.

Yes and no. I can do a tune for 110 Octane but the biggest problem is that changing the timing curve will only provide gains to a point. What would really be needed is compression to make use of the 110.

I'll definitely give you a shout next tim ewe get up that way!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Thu, January 22nd, 2009, 05:38 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
It's between Old Charlotte Hwy and Concord Ave. right at the "Y", about 1/2 mile from downtown Monroe.
THREAD HIJACK!

Random thought diversion... We know that it's not MAHN-row -- it's mun-ROW. Things are just different in NC. Can't wait to get back up there and see how things have changed since we moved in 2004!

Now

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, January 22nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Takin the low road.....

I was just joking about the 110 tune, I'll probably stick to 89 for custom tunes. I run it the most and it's my understanding that you shouldn't mix octanes between specific tunes, right?

Oh and Corey, I'm comstantly being told I say it wrong...it is mun-ROW.

QueenCityBashers.com
Old Thu, January 22nd, 2009, 08:30 PM

What's funny to me is that Wingate is not pronounced Win-GATE, it's pronounced WIN-git. Go figure...

(678) 890-1110

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Sat, January 24th, 2009 at 08:29 AM.