Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Fri, March 13th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Whopper

JENSEN is on a distinguished road

Bill can't wait for the new sct tunes. is there a benifit in having you tune my ficm,and sct at the same time, or does tuning the sct with the ficm not matter? also do you think the griffen tuner is better than the sct livewire, if so why? wwjnsndo@yahoo.com

Last edited by JENSEN; Sun, March 15th, 2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old Wed, March 18th, 2009, 02:06 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

There is a benefit to having the FICM tuned. We are currently redoing the FICM tuning to try to improve the performance a little, but won't be ready to go on that for at least another month. That's okay because we don't need to do both the FICM and ECM at the same time and there are significant benefits to each type of tuning which complement each other.

The Gryphon and Livewire are comparable units as far as function. Livewire has a couple features related to datalogging that the Gryphon doesn't currently offer and the price reflects that. I don't necessarily think one is better than the other although I'd say that the aesthetics of the Gryphon are a little more to my liking. In either case, the tuning is the same.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Whopper

ford03six0 is on a distinguished road
Default FICM

ok well i am new to this forum. i am very interested in getting my 03 FICM reprogrammed. i am wondering what the turn around is. i have a few mods done and was wondering if the phoenix 6 postion chip is available for my truck. i want to get rid of my edge juice platinum with attitude. i all had been running custom tunes from Tadd at EDE. i have a billet trans from bts and converter, head studs and fire rings, cold air intake, MBRP straight pipe, egr delete. doing a fuel system this weekend. any advice would be great pls.
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Whopper

Question FICM

ANYONE OUT THERE?????? i have been trying to get some sort of info for a week now.
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 08:51 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford03six0 View Post
ANYONE OUT THERE?????? i have been trying to get some sort of info for a week now.
Please see this thread as to the delay in PHP's responses to customers
Phone problems... getting caught up
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:02 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

"Dave's not here right now."

Sorry... bad joke. Anyway, as indicated on both our forums and website, we've been out of the office since last Friday to move some furniture. You've only posted in the last 24 hours so I apologize if you've not been able to get the information you're looking for.

To answer your questions:

1) Turnaround is usually 24 hours (not including shipping time). Incomplete or missing order forms WILL cause delays. (You'd be surprised how many people send the unit without even a name, address, or phone number!)

2) The Phoenix only works on the 7.3L.

3) Tadd is definitely one of the better 6.0L tuners out there. Is there some reason you're looking for something different, or just want to try something new?

4) What are you looking to achieve with your 6.0L? With studs and fire rings, it sounds like you are looking to push the limits. If that's the case, I'd stick with Tadd at Elite Diesel or Eric at Innovative Diesel. Those guys really push the 6.0L to the limits.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Whopper

Default FICM

well now that you have made me feel like a jerk.. sorry! just wanted to get some info because i really need this done.
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Whopper

Default FICM

i am looking to push the limits and try something new. i like the custom tunes but i was really liking what the phx offered. i also have a billet trans and converter. i made sure to do all the problem child fixes first. i just got a 150gpm fass fuel and the stage 1 fuel lines kit. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i want to get the FICM reprogrammed and was also wondering if you reprogram them all the same? thanks for getting back to me.
Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:11 PM

Sorry about that.... We weren't trying to make you feel bad. I understand it can be frustrating trying to get answers to questions. If we didn't like you, we'd give you one of these...

If you could let me know what your plans are for the truck, we'll see if we can point you in the right direction.

Take care.

(678) 890-1110

Old Thu, March 19th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Whopper

Default FICM

lol. dont worry about it. i am planning on inj., and turbo when money is available. i do have a stage 2 water meth that i do plan on installing when i find a place or tool box to put the 7 gallon tank. BTW the truck is a turd first thing in the morning until warmed up and yes it has had all the dumb flashes from the dealer that is why the person traded it in and then i bought it. i just thought it was normal till i got on a forum just for fords. my feiance drives the truck during the week because i comutte way to far. i do have the egr cooler delete, intake, 4 inch striaght pipe. boost fooler. i am also wondering if i would notice the difference even with the edge still on.