Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Tue, May 18th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Whopper

International350 is on a distinguished road

You may want to give them a call, I know they were moving locations couple weeks ago. The first time i faxed and emailed my request they didnt get it, the fax was down and from what their site says they dont get to emails very often, so when i called they just had me refax the request. Hope this helps
2004 F-350 CC LB King Ranch. SCT w/Innovative Diesel extreme Street tunes, tuned FICM by ID, custom 4" intake with large AFE filter, intake elbow, 3" downpipe 5" straight pipe 6" stack, EGR block off, Zoodad Mod, CCV Mod, the big 3 cable upgrade w/ batts under cab, Autometer guages, boost-trans-EGT, 2.5in leveling kit
Old Tue, May 18th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Double Whopper

sonic blue l is on a distinguished road

i've had problems previously aswell, i think its growing pains.

When they were first on f150, before this site i got up and running i got a tune from Bill and it took no time at all with great customer service.

I understand emails and that, but im starting to think the canned tunes will just be fine anyway. I'm debating about just seeing if i can cancel.

I was just wondering if other's had Bill's tunes and if they found them better then the canned tunes.
Old Wed, May 19th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Double Whopper

Farmer11 is on a distinguished road

is it just the canned evo tunes? or the opt calibrations from bill? i know i sure dont like the canned evo tunes. I have just been running stock becasue it shifts bad
Old Wed, May 19th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Whopper

I will have to say that any custom tune is a ton better than canned tunes no matter who writes them. Custom tunes have a big bump in power that is very noticeable, and your truck just runs a little better on them.
2004 F-350 CC LB King Ranch. SCT w/Innovative Diesel extreme Street tunes, tuned FICM by ID, custom 4" intake with large AFE filter, intake elbow, 3" downpipe 5" straight pipe 6" stack, EGR block off, Zoodad Mod, CCV Mod, the big 3 cable upgrade w/ batts under cab, Autometer guages, boost-trans-EGT, 2.5in leveling kit
Old Thu, May 20th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer11 View Post
is it just the canned evo tunes? or the opt calibrations from bill? i know i sure dont like the canned evo tunes. I have just been running stock becasue it shifts bad
The canned evo tunes, i recently updated and now there is a performance level in place of the economy tune. Mine seems to shift fine on all of them. I actually noticed that the performance and extreme do smoke where as before they did not. I'm not a fan of that aspect otherwise they seem ok so far.

I don't need lots of power, just a nice clean all around tune, with nice trans shifting.
Old Thu, May 20th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by International350 View Post
I will have to say that any custom tune is a ton better than canned tunes no matter who writes them. Custom tunes have a big bump in power that is very noticeable, and your truck just runs a little better on them.
True, i did like my custom tunes that i did have. I did have a problem with them loading wrong and showing that i was on a tow tune when infact i was not. The wierd thing about that was they had been working fine for a long time and then all of a sudden they would not program properly. As if the evo was stuck in one tune no matter what you picked.

I would say the biggest thing that bothers me is when i posted under the order status request. I was told that they some how missed my order and that i was now at the top of their list to get the tune files taken care of. That was over a month ago, so im guessing either they were not telling me the truth or they forgot about me again. Niether of which makes me feel any better.

Anyway sorry about hi jacking your thread
Old Sat, May 22nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Whopper

Well i actually just called yesturday about my one tune that i ordered 2 weeks ago and paid for last week. They said itll be 7-8 WEEKs, i hit the floor cause i was thinking 2 weeks. They said they were backed up, but i didnt know it would take that long or i wouldnt have paid so early. I get my tax return back twice as fast as that
Old Tue, May 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by International350 View Post
Well i actually just called yesturday about my one tune that i ordered 2 weeks ago and paid for last week. They said itll be 7-8 WEEKs, i hit the floor cause i was thinking 2 weeks. They said they were backed up, but i didnt know it would take that long or i wouldnt have paid so early. I get my tax return back twice as fast as that
Hey there,

I'm sorry about the delay, but I'll be happy to refund your $30 and just reinvoice you when the ETA gets closer! Just let me know!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, May 26th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Whopper

No thats ok, then id have to redo it all. I just griping because i wasnt told that you guys were behind when i made my calls there trying to get request turned in.
Old Wed, May 26th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Hey there,

I'm sorry about the delay, but I'll be happy to refund your $30 and just reinvoice you when the ETA gets closer! Just let me know!
Its no worries, i can wait. Now i would like to have my ECM programmed with a stock or tow tune as i think my stock tune is a little crappy. If i sent in my ECM for a stock or tow tune put on it, will there still be a wait time on it or should i just hold off on that until later? Thanks for your time