Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Mon, January 19th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Whopper

roosterdiesel is on a distinguished road
Blue Screen of Death

:omg:

Flashing Chip....

Followed instructions installing burner drivers and everything looked fine.

THen blues screen with an error in the Slabser.sys I had to ok a
driver with that in it if I remember correctly. Did it twice on different USB ports.

Checked for BIOS update with no luck. Said I may need to turn off bios shadowing or cacheing.

BTW...its a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 9100 with XP. Any ideas?

Thanks!

'01 F-250 6spd 2wd Handshaker 7.3L PSD
Stealth Dual Hpops, AC Alliants
Headstuds and Forged rods balanced
DIY Regulated Return with Racor Filtration #54
GTP 38R out 4" exhaust
Southbend Con OFE to get it to the ground
Gauges...Boost, Pyro, Fuel Pressure and temp.,HPOil, EOT, Pre and Post CAC temps
I'm sure some other stuff I forgot!
Old Tue, January 20th, 2009, 11:39 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Uh oh... That's not good. In 4 years, I can't recall anyone ever getting the BSOD with those drivers.

At this point are you able to plug the unit in without the computer crashing, or does it crash as soon as the USB is plugged in? We might need to completely remove the drivers and reinstall them.

This is probably best handled by phone so let me know when would be a good time.

FWIW - I've used Dells exclusively for the last 5 years with both XP and now Vista and I have never had any problems so I doubt the issue is with the computer itself. It's probably something small and should be easy to fix.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, January 20th, 2009, 04:54 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Kind of reminds me of when I got a BSOD updating the firmware and version on what was then my Edge (now a Gryphon). Interestingly, my PC is also a Dell - an XPS 410 running XP.

I simply started over, after rebooting, and everything was fine. But, I had my "heart in my mouth", worrying if I had "toasted" the Edge.

BSODs are so rare now, we've almost forgotten what they look like.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, January 20th, 2009, 06:56 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Honestly, can't remember the last time I saw one either. In fact, how's this for cool?

Server Statistics for \*********
Statistics since 10/5/2008 7:45 PM

That was the last time I rebooted the server, and that was only because I moved it.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Whopper

OK.....I can plug in the burner to the computer and energize it, flashes lights properly then it BSOD'd when I was moving the mouse to click the program button. Did it twice on different USB ports. This was a couple days ago.

Last night I tried again after Updating windows, was working fine, erased the chip and got the 1st position programed then BSOD.

I'll call again next week when I have a chance and Bill's not busy.

'01 F-250 6spd 2wd Handshaker 7.3L PSD
Stealth Dual Hpops, AC Alliants
Headstuds and Forged rods balanced
DIY Regulated Return with Racor Filtration #54
GTP 38R out 4" exhaust
Southbend Con OFE to get it to the ground
Gauges...Boost, Pyro, Fuel Pressure and temp.,HPOil, EOT, Pre and Post CAC temps
I'm sure some other stuff I forgot!
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Antonio,

Are you using a 9-pin serial mouse or a USB mouse?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Tuner NON-extraordinaire

secondarychaos has a spectacular aura aboutsecondarychaos has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Antonio,

Are you using a 9-pin serial mouse or a USB mouse?
Sorry for the Hijack, but,
I gotta say, Man I love computers
Using a different type of mouse can interfere with program drivers?
Thank you Mr. Gates
Not to mention the fact that the grants are ridiculous and you have to be in very specific categories to qualify - Male, between the ages of 41 and 42, who rides a unicycle to work, has a baby rhino for a pet, and only eats pork fried rice all day.
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

The scary part is that my husband KNOWS these things.

Bill called Antonio a few minutes after my post asking him about his mouse (that just sounds wrong for some reason...), and they've decided that they're going to uninstall/install some drivers or something -- that's what I could gather on this end of conversation anyway! -- tonight or Monday. We'll let you know what happens!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
Whopper

Just wanting to come on thank Bill and Corey for the great customer service! Oh....and it's not the mouse....it's kinda flattened though since it's touchpad.

We were able to reinstall drivers but to no avail....I'm typing this recovering from BSOD.

Bill should have me operational this weekend! Does he ever sleep?

Antonio
Old Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I don't think he sleeps at all, Antonio.

But, it HAS to be some conflict with one or more files (I'd bet on .dlls) on your PC. I think Bill codes a lot in Visual Basic. I wonder if you two have the same link libraries, or, if your PC is using a .dll in a shared directory that doesn't match the one needed by the device.

On a similar note, I have had two laptop CD drives that BSODed on me now and then when I tried to install something from a CD. One of them got so bad that I finally resorted to copying the files from it to a USB drive and then I'd install the program via USB. Interestingly, the second laptop's CD/DVD drive completely gave up the ghost a while back, so now I'm totally down to USB drive installs on it. I gave the other laptop to my Sister, and she rarely installs anything, so it's fine for her.

- Jack