Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Mon, April 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about
Default Inferred Throttle position

I noticed you shifted the values higher... will this change that "more power off idle" effect AKA improved light throttle response??
Did you change any of the other Non-transmission values?
THanks
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Mon, April 27th, 2009, 08:53 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I don't know what "values" you're talking about. I don't think I touched any engine values....
Old Mon, April 27th, 2009, 08:59 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I don't know what "values" you're talking about. I don't think I touched any engine values....
I realized I was looking at the wrong project it was not the file you sent yeah they are the same now. Just played with the 3D maps and changing groups of values at once... that is really trick... now its making a lot more sense
Old Mon, April 27th, 2009, 09:17 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Just want you two to know - I'm absolutely loving this "back and forth", even though I don't understand half of it. Keep it up guys - it may turn out to be an important addition to the forum!

- Jack
Old Mon, April 27th, 2009, 09:57 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

Thanks, If I think my question will be of benefit to others at some point down the road I try and post it so that it becomes a useful discussion. Otherwise I just ask Bill or whoever directly.... I guess there are only about 10-20 Minotaur packages in use right now so we are a pretty small group, however as it gets more well known and more folks get to read this forum, hopefully we will get more people to "take the plunge" and get the software too. Keep in mind its the same package that can be used for programming the Gassers too. You should download it and just run the demo file. its an older mustang file I believe.. As a moderator I am sure Bill would get ya setup, maybe even send you a diesel file so you can follow along better. it would make more sense then. I can easy post more screen shots too, now I got the Farstone Screen Capture App... Just let me know if you want to see a picture of anything we are discussing and Ill post it up
Old Mon, April 27th, 2009, 11:13 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
Thanks, If I think my question will be of benefit to others at some point down the road I try and post it so that it becomes a useful discussion. Otherwise I just ask Bill or whoever directly.... I guess there are only about 10-20 Minotaur packages in use right now so we are a pretty small group, however as it gets more well known and more folks get to read this forum, hopefully we will get more people to "take the plunge" and get the software too. Keep in mind its the same package that can be used for programming the Gassers too. You should download it and just run the demo file. its an older mustang file I believe.. As a moderator I am sure Bill would get ya setup, maybe even send you a diesel file so you can follow along better. it would make more sense then. I can easy post more screen shots too, now I got the Farstone Screen Capture App... Just let me know if you want to see a picture of anything we are discussing and Ill post it up
I guess I could do this, but.... How do I gain the experience that Bill has? I DO know programming, microprocessors, and a tiny bit about internal combustion engines. I doubt this will turn me into an expert tuner!

- Jack
Old Tue, April 28th, 2009, 07:47 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

I was not suggesting that you start tuning yourself but thought it will give you a bit more incite into PHP products. When you see all the variables that you get to work with it will give u a new found respect for tuning. Maybe give you ideas when talking to folks about tuning issues too. Like what is really happening when you increase shift Firmness on a Gryphon etc....
Old Tue, April 28th, 2009, 08:17 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Less talking...more driving.

So, as far as the 'throttle response' goes.........

There are a couple of ways to go about it. Just keep in mind that increasing the low-APP sensitivity is REALLY going to wreak havoc on your cruise control. The potential is there to really make cruise control very user-unfriendly. At 70 MPH yesterday, there were a few instances where I wanted to turn the cruise off because it was surging. But then again, between the "low boost fueling" being lower than stock at low boost levels and my TN turbocharger that runs 2 PSI of boost at 70 MPH, I may have problems that you won't. The cruise had to adjust fuel rate a lot just to maintain speed and once there was a little boost, THEN the fuel would start coming on.

If you're wondering about the "dead throttle" for a while (until oil temperature comes up), look a little bit at fueling maps that base fueling on oil temperature. I don't know if I'd do any adjustments to those however as the SOI is pretty radical in this tune (although not as high as some high-HP tunes) and it's fairly important to be up to operating temperature before getting too excited with the skinny pedal at that point.
Old Tue, April 28th, 2009, 09:45 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

funny you mentioned the dead throttle... It is pretty significant when I first start up in cool weather.. Actually had to flip over to another tune to get out of the driveway a couple days ago.. didn't want to wait for the truck to warm up a bit. I did buy 5w40 Rotella synthentic oil for my next oil change... I want to see what difference that makes too... currently on Delo 15w40 dino oil....
Also considering going to the Flex a Lite 278 electric fan setup.... just seems there would be some good advantages to it...
  • faster warm-up
  • more fuel efficient
  • better A/C cooling at low speed and low rpm
I need to makes a few more modded tranny tunes so i can reflash a full set of 6.
going to try a couple tweaks to the Cruise control parameters too...
just got to squeeze in computer time between watching my kids..

If my understanding is correct the early SOI improves fuel economy right? too early and you get the DP 80E effect
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 03:03 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

I am looking forward to our trip to CA later this month so I can see how the tunes feel at sea level... That way I will have a better reference when I get back to the mountains and do some more tuning.... Actually the settings now are pretty good for easy driving.. I have the 100 and 140 on either side of FS position now so Real Power is not far away...