Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Wed, February 4th, 2009, 05:48 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondarychaos View Post
Indeed it is...
which is why I plan to WAY overdo all my air mods
Good. Let me know if I can help you out with that.

Ty

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Wed, February 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Ideal strategies...

95 Manual - MLE1 - VDAB0_02
00 Manual - DAC3 - VOAA7P6
02 Manual - AEB2 - TOAA4Z2 (DPC-461, 49 State) or ZRE2 - TOAA4M2 (DPC-491, CALI.)

02 Auto - VDH2 - TNAA4S2 (DPC-462, 49 State) or QLJ2 - TNAA4N2 (DPC-492, CALI.)

The 02 Automatic will get the hybrid VDH2 calibration with the PMT1 shifting strategy. This has the absolute BEST shifting strategy for this year truck.

When ordering the software for your truck, we can provide a custom tuned file you can use as a "base" file and then you can tweak from there. This will help save you a little time and serves as a guideline for the changes we make to the calibrations in order to handle certain modifications.

If you have any questions, just holler!

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, February 4th, 2009, 09:17 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Bill,

What can you tell me about the manual strategies as far as "ideal" differences between say, MLE0/MLE1, and DAC2/3, etc. I can't say that I can feel any perceivable difference for either PCM family. However, ZHL1 seems to work really well over DAC3 with similar parameter changes. Why would that be? Comparing the scalars, tables, and functions of each stock file really doesn't shed any light on anything. I would think that a manual transmission tune wouldn't have the "cult" following like the automatic base files do.
Old Wed, February 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

ZHL1 is VKAE4P8 which is much more closely related to DAC1 which is VKAE1P2 or DAC2 which is VKAE3P4.

DAC3 is VOAA7P6 which is a later strategy and is SIGNIFICANTLY different in both layout as well as functional values than the earlier VKAE based files.

This is similar to the PMTx phenomena. Nobody is really sure why, but PMT1 is a really solid calibration and PMT2 and PMT3 suck eggs. They are all VRAA related strategies, but the later PMT files (including CXK0, which is basically "PMT4") just don't muster up to the performance of PMT1. The calibration values aren't all that different so I'm a little confused why the big difference in the way the trucks run and shift.

Anyway, with so few M/T trucks (at least compared to A/T ones), there hasn't been enough opportunity to swap cals and see which ones kick butt and which ones don't. Maybe you'll have a bit more opportunity to work with those and come up with the PMT1 equivalent for the manuals. It already sounds like you have a good head start.

As for MLE0/MLE1, there are about 12 changes between the files and they're not anything I recognize or have mapped in the RDT files. Other than that, they're identical.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 07:08 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Thanks for the input, Bill.

I haven't dyno'd (or more specifically, had my friend dyno) the ZHL1 vs. the DAC3 even though it's at his disposal whenever he wants it. However, my friend has been driving with assorted tunes from each family..two were duplicates of eachother, one of each. He won't leave the ZHL1 tunes. He doesn't like the way the DAC3 "feels"....even though EVERY scalar, table, and function are exactly the same in each tune. So I gave up on DAC3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhungry
Maybe you'll have a bit more opportunity to work with those and come up with the PMT1 equivalent for the manuals. It already sounds like you have a good head start.
I think I found my huckleberry; it's the ZHL1. However, with all of the.......uh......not so good base files I got from the "other" company, it might just be a fluke.
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 08:20 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Bill, here's a screenshot of what we discussed the other day. Just in case I read something wrong.....

Last edited by cleatus12r; Tue, May 5th, 2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Tuner NON-extraordinaire

secondarychaos has a spectacular aura aboutsecondarychaos has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopellimotorsports View Post
Good. Let me know if I can help you out with that.

Ty
Do you sell turbos?
I'm looking for a GT4202, a S472, or an HX55 with the 72mm wheel.. :omg:
I'm going to have to P&P my heads, make ceramic coated tubular headers, ceramic coated uppipes, and adjust the tuning...
all just to keep it streetable... LOL
Not to mention the fact that the grants are ridiculous and you have to be in very specific categories to qualify - Male, between the ages of 41 and 42, who rides a unicycle to work, has a baby rhino for a pet, and only eats pork fried rice all day.
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Great posts...I'm really trying to soak up as much as I can. I definitely find this more interesting than typing up papers for classes. Hopefully I can convince my brother and dad to split up some of the costs as they'd be benefiting too. That would get Minotaur in my hands sooner.
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 02:08 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondarychaos View Post
Do you sell turbos?
I'm looking for a GT4202, a S472, or an HX55 with the 72mm wheel.. :omg:
I'm going to have to P&P my heads, make ceramic coated tubular headers, ceramic coated uppipes, and adjust the tuning...
all just to keep it streetable... LOL
Yes I do sell turbo's. I have access to just about any turbo you want. Email me what specs that you are looking for and I will let you know what I can do for you. Ty@kokopellimotorsports.com. I get turbo's from High Tech Turbo, Industrial Injection, Garret, Turbonetics, Borg Warner, and many more that I cannot think of right now. You can also call me 801-557-8779.

Thanks

Ty

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Tuner NON-extraordinaire

secondarychaos has a spectacular aura aboutsecondarychaos has a spectacular aura about

ok Ty.
I'll let you know when I get closer to knowing the exact one I want
Not to mention the fact that the grants are ridiculous and you have to be in very specific categories to qualify - Male, between the ages of 41 and 42, who rides a unicycle to work, has a baby rhino for a pet, and only eats pork fried rice all day.