Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Closed Thread

Old Fri, January 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
I'm really glad you're doing better, lung stuff is nothing to play around with. My wife is an incredibly strong lady, her name is Sue. She puts up with health issues related to the MS that would floor me everyday. Just her drug regiment would be hard for me to follow. She takes 41 pills total, divided up at three different times of the day as well as a Copaxone injection every morning to control the symptoms. She's and her doctor have thankfully got everything under control and to see her or talk to her you wouldn't even know she had a problem. Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers, we'll do the same for you and yours.

Prednisone does terrible things to me as well. Paranoia, aggression, sleeplessness, depression, it's awful. I'm a pretty happy person normally, but it totally changes my personality. My doctor has me take it in a 4 day regiment, tapering it off as I go, then it usually takes 3 or 4 more days to get it out of my system. Luckily, I only take it when I have one of the headaches. There is one upside to it though, I've broken lots of bones and torqued most of my joints over the course of my life, including both hands, and have developed arthritis at an early age comparatively. The Prednisone makes the joint aches and pains that I have daily go away for a couple of weeks. That being said, the pain daily is not as bad as the side effects from the Prednisone. Ibuprofen and this stuff is my daily regiment for the joint pain.
We will DEFINITELY add Sue and your family to our daily prayers, Cajun. She sounds like an awesome person, too.

Yeah, that Predisone is some freaky stuff, but you're right! I've had arthritis since I was 21; it was GREAT for a couple of weeks, and my psoriasis was practically non-existent! (I have arthritis in my cervical spine -- among many other places -- and I really think that's one of the migraine triggers, but anyway...) I've never really had side effects from the 3-day regimen, but that 10-day one floored me. It was actually the four final days when I was tapering off that I had painful physical side effects. I thought something was REALLY wrong until we checked online, and every one of my syptoms was listed under Prednisone. Go figure.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 9th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Takin the low road.....

Cajun is on a distinguished road

Sue is an incredible person and my personal rock, I'd be lost in this world without her.

Prednisone is most definitely some freaky stuff. I'm glad I can use other methods to keep the allergy stuff away 99% of the time. I've used it twice now and hope I don't have to again.

The "this stuff" I referred to in the previous post and forgot to add the link is: Moon Valley Honey Body Heal

I use it all the time for my hands, for me, it works 100% better than something like Aspercreme or the like. A can lasts me about 2 or 3 months, depending on how much the weather changes , but I use it on my knees and hands and it seems to help with the stiffness as well as the pain. I use it once a day in the morning. I found it when I was living in Seattle for a while and now I mail order 2 or 3 cans of it when I'm out. It's a little expensive and it may all be in my head, but if it helps....ya know?

QueenCityBashers.com
South Central NC RC Bashers
Old Sat, January 10th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Cool. I think I'm going to order some! I woke up today with two sharp pains in my left arm, so I knew it was going to be a bad arthritis day. Those pains are never in my arm -- they actually come from my neck when my arthritis is bad. And of course, the boys and I were driving home earlier when the stupid spots started floating in front of my eyes. When I get auras, I know the headache is going to be a bad one. I started crying just because I was so fed up. Came home and took some medication and slept for awhile. That seemed to help a bit. I'd say it's only about a 4-5 right now, which is just in the wrong side of tolerable. It's probably still part of the headache earlier in the week. I'm going to answer as many posts as I can and get back in bed.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, January 11th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Double Whopper

CHARGED97 is on a distinguished road

Hope you feel better Corey .......
Old Sun, January 11th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Takin the low road.....

Cajun is on a distinguished road

^x2 Hope you're doing better Corey!

QueenCityBashers.com
South Central NC RC Bashers