Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2009 to 2014 F-150

2009 to 2014 F-150 3.5L, 3.7L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L, and 6.2L equipped F-150s

Old Wed, March 30th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Whopper

Skip_1074 is on a distinguished road
Default My Trucks Thread

I've been posting on here for a few months now, and wanted to show off my truck and tell it's story, so here it starts.

2010 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4, 6.5' bed
Max Tow Package - 5.4L, 3.73LS

I purchased the truck new in late December 2010 with 571 of which almost all of those were put on by my dealership in the trade. Even though I have started to see more that look similar, I consider my truck a rare gem. There are a few SuperCrew's around with the 6.5' bed, but not near as many as the 5.5'. When I went to my dealership, I pretty much told them, this is what I want, colors/options I didn't want and they found it (1 of 3 available to them in whatever range they use).

I am very particular about tracking my mileage, so here is what I have been getting. I will update this as the miles rack up. The miles on the truck only just broke 5k, this is all winter blend gas so far and I have had no less then 300lbs of stuff in the truck while driving (estimated at 500-600lbs right now), but here they are:
Stock Mileage (571-1816) - 13.545 MPG - all country highway and city driving.

Edge Canned Tow (1816-5051) - 14.319 MPG - mostly country highway and city driving, but two trips with about 680 miles of freeway (180 of first trip and 500+ of second trip) and about the last 400 miles on my PHP custom 87 performance tune. Also stupid plastic snorkel delete (aka Gotts Mod) completed at about 4k miles.

PHP 87 Performance tune (5051-whatever my miles are now) - Unknown at this point

I had the bed Line-X'd just after a month of owning it and installed my tool box in mid March.

Here is a picture that I took just for fun one morning when I got off work. I will add that a large portion of my miles that I have put on have been driving in this fluffy white stuff, the ice left over from the plows, or the sloppy, messy slush when it all starts to melt off, so I think my mileage is pretty darn good right now. As a comparison, my 2004 Explorer 4.0L V6 that this truck replaced only averaged 16.252 MPG over the 23k miles that I put on it with a lot of the same driving.

I plan on continuing to add updates and pictures to this thread as it goes along. I am currently working on installing my Wet Okole seat covers that I got in yesterday, but am still only about half way through. I am also going to post several reviews, but will be doing that at a little later time as I need to get ready for work now. So until then, enjoy!

Thanks to all who looked/read/posted comments in advance!
"Stupid Plastic Snorkle Delete" (a.k.a. Gotts Mod)
Line-X bed & Highway Products "Silverback" toolbox
Old Wed, March 30th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Nice truck! and awesome post! My dad has the platnium version of the 2010 with the Screw and the 6.5' bed. I want the same size, but with the 2011 engines... but since Im broke I wont be able to get one for a while .
Keep us updated!