Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Performance Modifications and Other Conversations

Performance Modifications and Other Conversations This is a place where we can have real, honest discussions about all things performance related.

Whether it's power adders, engine parts, configurations, injectors, tuning, or whatever else you can thing of, let's talk about it!

Old Mon, January 16th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Whopper Junior

Nate is on a distinguished road
Gotts Mod on 2008 Ford F150 5.4L

Well, I was seriously debating which cold air intake I was going to go with, and after I was referred to check out the Gotts Mod I figured I would give it a shot and I am glad that I did.

I actually went with a variation on the Gotts Intake called the DWV Intake Mod. It was super easy and the results look awesome! The sound is pretty close to stock, but a little better. No humming noise at high speeds also. Best of all it cost me a whopping $24.00 for all the parts and paint.

It did take me about 2 hours to complete because I also decided to remove the intake mufflers and cap the holes where the plastic had been. Had I not removed the mufflers, the whole project would have taken about 45 minutes because I had to let the glue dry. I am going to paint everything matt black to finish the project, but it all looks really nice and it looks like it was done at a dealership.

I am really glad that I happened upon a link by JanetandJack. Thank you so much, also all of the reviews here basically guided me to trying it, and hopefully I won't need to spend the $250.00 for the K&N Cold Air intake.

-Nate
Old Tue, January 17th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Great! Post a few pictures!
Old Tue, January 17th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Cool
Old Tue, January 17th, 2012, 08:56 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Nice!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.