Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Fri, May 14th, 2010, 12:03 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

What happens when you transpose two maps with different normalizers?

What are the Normalize All, and Autoscale All functions do?
Old Sat, May 15th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-127 View Post
..... Looks like at 500 A/D it the stock shift was about 2.5 MPH lower, as you probably see. So whats that feel like, well if you were cruising along at 55MPH, you now only have to push down the throttle to 500 A/D to get a down shift when before you would have had to push the throttle to the 570ish range.

Pretty sure I screwed up in my explaination. The function shown was for the 3-4 shift, unrelated to a 4-3 downshift. The 2.5 MPH lower stock shift was right, but not the downshift part, maybe you already knew that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
What happens when you transpose two maps with different normalizers?

What are the Normalize All, and Autoscale All functions do?
From what I've tried, if you copy a map it will only copy the values. If the normalizers are different, I've found myself bringing up the normalizers and doing a "select all, copy, and paste" for the x and y normalizer. And if you load a second file up, looks like it will take the x and y normalizers from the first file. The other questions I don't know, and I still don't after tryin to monkeyin around with them.
Old Sun, May 16th, 2010, 07:57 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
From what I've tried, if you copy a map it will only copy the values. If the normalizers are different, I've found myself bringing up the normalizers and doing a "select all, copy, and paste" for the x and y normalizer. And if you load a second file up, looks like it will take the x and y normalizers from the first file.
Ding!! Ding!! Ding!!

Depending on the disparity of the map values as far as the normalizers go, you can end up with some pretty fishy stuff. Remember this?
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/21935-post11.html

It will actually work out to the computer thinking WFO at 585 A/D counts. Hang on!!!

Some maps aren't as sensitive to changes and will go unnoticed if the map values are transposed without fixing the normalizers.
Old Sun, May 16th, 2010, 03:43 PM
BROKE

Quote:

From what I've tried, if you copy a map it will only copy the values. If the normalizers are different, I've found myself bringing up the normalizers and doing a "select all, copy, and paste" for the x and y normalizer. And if you load a second file up, looks like it will take the x and y normalizers from the first file.
Seems like comparing files with different normalizers is useless. The first binary's normalizers take presidence over all others, which makes the second and third binary's values BS if the normalizers are changed.

Change the normalizers to make them the same, now values are not represented right. This is aggravating because I see no way to make different files "comparable".
Old Sun, May 16th, 2010, 06:44 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Two separate projects.
Old Sun, May 16th, 2010, 07:10 PM
BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Two separate projects.
yup...
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road

OK so I'm just starting on all this tuning stuff and I get what some of the stuff is you guys are talking about but what are the "normalizers" you're all talking about? And what is "Scaling". Is scaling a way to change the min/max values and it scales the curve to those new values? Or is it just a way of smoothing out a section of the map? Or???
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 01:49 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Each 3D map has an X and Y axis that control the how the map is tracked. Each X and Y axis have an associated "normalizer" that determine how that axis breaks down and what the separation is between each point on the map. This is an extremely powerful tool as it provides the ability to rescale any map to provide more or less resolution in specific areas or even make the map completely linear. It's this capability that has made the EEC processors (and its successors) very flexible and powerful.

I may need to do some sort of a "webinar" in order to cover some of these topics. I'll set up a schedule after the first of the year and see what topics we can cover.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, December 13th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the explanation Bill. I think I get what you're saying. Just not sure how it applies. I guess I need to just get into the files and start messing with them to see what happens. I've just been trying to do a bunch of reading up on here before I go start changing a bunch of stuff.
Old Fri, March 30th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Whopper

jystorey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Each 3D map has an X and Y axis that control the how the map is tracked. Each X and Y axis have an associated "normalizer" that determine how that axis breaks down and what the separation is between each point on the map. This is an extremely powerful tool as it provides the ability to rescale any map to provide more or less resolution in specific areas or even make the map completely linear. It's this capability that has made the EEC processors (and its successors) very flexible and powerful.

I may need to do some sort of a "webinar" in order to cover some of these topics. I'll set up a schedule after the first of the year and see what topics we can cover.
I was re-reading through some older posts trying to find info about normalizers. I came across this post. Is there some info about this subject somewhere I can get to.
If not how do I find out which normalizers go with which maps?