Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford - All Other Vehicles > 1973 to 1985 Carburated Vehicles

1973 to 1985 Carburated Vehicles Emissions laden vehicles, but still simple enough to work on and we still love 'em!

Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 06:09 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Limited, but yes. All I need is the PCM code.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 07:24 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

My favorite has to be my 1969 Mercury Marquis Brougham. I don't have a picture of mine, but it looked sort of like this (without the girl):

except mine was lime green metallic with a white vinyl top and it had black brocade upholstery.

We ordered it from the factory. It had a 429 cu in engine, C6 transmission, heavy duty suspension and cruse control! That car was a joy to drive on trips. Got pretty good gas mileage too, as I recall. About 17mpg on the highway.

The engine and transmission were rock-solid. The alternator was less so, and I seem to remember crawling under the car to replace the starter once upon a time. But it was too late, the ring gear had been damaged too, so I let the dealership replace that.

I traded it when leaded gas was going out of style for a 75th anniversary year Thunderbird. Pretty car, but no match for the Mercury.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Tuner NON-extraordinaire

secondarychaos has a spectacular aura aboutsecondarychaos has a spectacular aura about

Plymouth Roadrunner with the 440
Not to mention the fact that the grants are ridiculous and you have to be in very specific categories to qualify - Male, between the ages of 41 and 42, who rides a unicycle to work, has a baby rhino for a pet, and only eats pork fried rice all day.
Old Wed, March 25th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Whopper

jaybuller is on a distinguished road
Default d

i deffinatly love the 440 roadrunner the best out of all the old cars. Rightnow me and my brother are into the whole 68 camero thing, hes got two of em we are fixin up. Hes also got a 1971 nova drag car.I think about doing m hot rod up but just cant find the cash laying around...Mine is a 1982 cutlass. Im savin up to build my motor right now, its a 502 with about 600 hp, and a built automatic overdrive. It should cruise good. Im thinkin its gonna go 10.0 in the quarter on pump gas. But thenagain i stil need to save about 15000 thousand to finish it.(could be a few years.)
Old Tue, May 12th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Uncle is on a distinguished road

I was fortunate enough to take part in the Hot Rod power tour in 2006. My buddy bought a 1950 F100 from a guy in Georgia that was painted the same color as Pabst Blue ribbon.. true story, he took a can to the paint shop and had the guy custom match the color. Well, the truck was on air ride, but need a motor.. my buddy has always been a GM guyy, and me too, so he pulls out a junkyard LS1 and slaps a turbo on it. Three weeks of thrashing, and we are driving from Tampa to Orlando to start the trip. We had his wife in her 2006 Trailblazer SS with nitrous, his 2005 Mustang GT his buddy was driving, we were in the F100, now outfitted with 22" Boyd's and laying frame. best week of my life, hands down. The cars we saw that week were amazing, the trip took us thru the Blue Ridge parkway to Virginia, ending in New Jersey at Englishtown....

As for me, i wanted my dad's 1961 Impala bubbletop.. he ordered new in 61 with 283 4 bbl/dual exhaust, and overdrive, three on the tree. Yeah, i know, but the 409 was not availalbe until later in the year. He sold it when i was in high school.. i had big plans for that car.

My dream car now would be a 1967 Chevy II or 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1..

gotta dream, right?
Old Tue, May 12th, 2009, 12:18 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I still miss my 65 Chevy fleetside pickup. I bought it with a small block 350 but eventually came across a 348 (baby brother to the 409) with an Offenhauser tripple 2bbl manifold. Backed it up to a 4 speed tranny and had a really fun truck. Wasn't the fastest (or prettiest) thing on the street but it did turn a few heads when cruising down Ft. Lauderdale Strip.

One day I may add a new one to my collection.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, May 12th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road

Gotta go with the 69 Mach 1
Old Tue, May 12th, 2009, 05:48 PM
442w30

442w30 is on a distinguished road
Default 1971 442w30 convertible

I guess I'm a little biased since I still have it!

71 w-30 conv Viking Blue with black top, stripes and interior.

Fully loaded, AM/FM/8 TRACK Cruise Tilt Power Window Seat and Locks
AC Power Trunk and Tick Tock Tack
455 ram air stump pulling torque.

39 years!!! Now if only that back seat could talk
Old Wed, May 13th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Festivus Pole Dancer

Uncle is on a distinguished road

My dad had a 1964 Chevy pickup.. my parents first vehicle with factory a/c. 283 with three on the tree...

They towed their first pop-up with it...Starcraft...
Old Thu, May 14th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Bacon King

cj3511 is on a distinguished road

How bout 66 Mustang Fastback 289 4V 4Sp and a 70 Fastback 351C 4V work in progress.

Jim

2002 5.4 SCREW XLT/FX4 Gryphon canned
MAC CAI Spin-Tech Cat back X-Pipe Dual In/Out Side Exit
Drawtite front hitch
Randy Ellis Light Bar w8" KC Driving Lights
265/75/16 Yokahama Geolander A/T-S