Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sat, December 11th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Whopper

MJ365 is on a distinguished road
Default FICM/ECM Rollback Passes Final Test (Cold Start)

Went out to start my 04 the other day when it was -5 F all night and only 0 when I fired up my truck to see how it would start without any inductive heating and not being plugged in just to make sure it would. To my surprise it starts better now with no IH than with the old death IH strategy I had previously. I let it warm up until the high idle kicked in (3 min) and down the road I went nice and easy as always until it warmed up. Gone is the jumpy clanking idle, the big flat spot off idle, the shifting is way nicer, and its alot quieter when cold. Before it sounded like all the rod bearings were gone when it was cold. Another thing good is it's still getting 16+ mpg in the cold when it usually was down to about 14 by now with mixed driving.
Old Sun, December 12th, 2010, 08:32 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

That's awesome news!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, December 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM
atk

atk is on a distinguished road

still debating on IH strategy. not sure if Bill will be putting this on when he does my reprogramming.

i never had a cold start issue before i had IH(dealer reflash). about a year after they reflashed with IH strat, i had to replace FICM....

Tuned by PHP.... SCT-X3.... Mbrp duals....and more....
Old Sun, January 9th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Double Whopper

Bob is on a distinguished road

Same happend to me but in less time, I lost FICM in a couple of months and 2 injectors. Sence I have replaced all injectors. Good thing I found PHP and am currently going through some reprogramming with Bill. I have completed the FICM non-inductive program and have no trouble with cold starts.
PS It is cold in Candada right now. Can't wait to get back home, MT.
Old Thu, January 27th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Whopper Junior

tangel is on a distinguished road

I agree! We just had the roll backs performed on 2 of our rucks (03 excursion, 04 F350) and they havent run this good in a long time!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY AND TIME SPENT!! THANKS BILL!!