Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Closed Thread

Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 07:44 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregk63 View Post
This all sounds good and it's great to hear that PHP is growing, especially in this economy, but to me it still seems like Bill needs to hire some help on the technical end; not to answer phones. If you are growing and don't increase your workforce, then shifting man-hours is just going to show up as minus hours somewhere else. Myself, I would find it hard to ask a customer to pay $370+ for a tuner and then have him wait 2.5 months for his custom tunes, which is how long I have been waiting.
I know I'm not the only one thats wondering where you all are on getting out the custom tunes to your customers. I have read many threads asking this. I hope this thread doesn't impact my waiting time, just my thoughts and opinion. We'll see.

Well you could go to a live tuning day and get it done right then and there, plus it would be even better than regular custom tunes. As for Canned tunes I would say that is a long wait. Custom stuff when only one guy has the knowledge to do the custom stuff you are gonna have to go in order... best bet is to PM Corey for a status update...

I know in this modern world of instant gratification we are not used to waiting for stuff... Myself included.

If you didn't want Bill to do the custom tunes you could probably get yr tuning done at one of PHP's dealers.
Pretty much anyone that is as versed as Bill in the custom tuning arena is already setup in their own tuning Business or already a dealer for one of the custom tuners... On the flip side it may be possible to find someone that can do the programming of the Canned tunes and free up some of Bill's time... I kind of think thats where the Frickin' Unreal chip idea is going. With canned tunes there wouldn't be a need for him to program each one I guess as you just download what you want when you get the Chip.... Not sure if it would work the same with Gryphon. Plus he is trying to get the server software up and online. If you know how time consuming software programming is I can see that taking a lot of his time at the moment... I don't even think I have seen him post on the forums in a week he's that busy....
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
This all sounds good and it's great to hear that PHP is growing, especially in this economy, but to me it still seems like Bill needs to hire some help on the technical end; not to answer phones. If you are growing and don't increase your workforce, then shifting man-hours is just going to show up as minus hours somewhere else. Myself, I would find it hard to ask a customer to pay $370+ for a tuner and then have him wait 2.5 months for his custom tunes, which is how long I have been waiting.
I know I'm not the only one thats wondering where you all are on getting out the custom tunes to your customers. I have read many threads asking this. I hope this thread doesn't impact my waiting time, just my thoughts and opinion. We'll see.
Greg, your post didn't impact your waiting time for the worse or for the better. That would be unfair in either direction! I e-mailed 11 customers today the first week of January to about the 20th to let them know that Bill finished their tunes last night. You should be coming up fairly soon.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Greg, it all boils down to, "Who do you want to tune your truck?", doesn't it? I'm absolutely certain there are a whole bunch of hackers out there who could put code into a Gryphon that would do .... what?

Unless Bill can get someone he trusts, why should we have more trust? Have you got someone in mind you could recommend to Bill to help with this backlog? Someone you'd be happy to have tune YOUR truck? If you do, just let that person hack into your Gryphon and, it's a done deal!

Clearly, people are getting impatient, and I really don't blame them. But, if you want "fast food", go to Mickey D's! The good stuff takes longer.

Notice Corey said you are coming up soon!

When you get your tunes, we'd like to hear from you again - pro or con.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, April 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The only thing Corey was trying to convey in the "latest news" section was a thread about their newest business strategy. Bill and Corey are constantly trying new things to improve their platform as their bussiness grows. We are lucky! They communicate with us for the most part.

Has any one here ever gotten a custom tuned exhaust done by a master tubing bender?
It sounds so good! But it may take a day a week or a month before he comes up with that perfect sound. That exhaust job might even cost 3 times the one from a warehouse but it's worth it and sounds/performs better.

They could be like other companies and sit behind their computers producing generic copy cat products to the masses. All for the need of instant gratification.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Whopper

pullmeoverred is on a distinguished road

Good example with the exhaust, mine to about 7.5 hours and was completely eye-balled costing almost 700. Point being, you get what you pay for, and good things come to those who wait. I can't wait to order my Gryphon! I just hope I don't crack in anticipation before I get the custom tunes for it!
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Whopper

jaybuller is on a distinguished road
Default waitng is so worth it

HAhha i know what you giys are goin through waiting....... i am waiting also, its worth the wait, from what ive been told hes the apsolute best...you want the best youll wait, but we all get to wandering where were at with the tunes, i know im guilty myself of sending emails and pms just asking if mines done..kind of just like when we were younger in the long car ride asking "are we there yet".. Cant do much about it though cause Bill is so dadgum good and his rep is so good there so many of you jackbobs orderin tunes from him its slowin mine down..i got an idea how bout everyone else just not order anything for a while and let Bill get some free time for me

BTW these faces are so cool
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 10:23 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybuller View Post
HAhha i know what you giys are goin through waiting....... i am waiting also, its worth the wait, from what ive been told hes the apsolute best...you want the best youll wait, but we all get to wandering where were at with the tunes, i know im guilty myself of sending emails and pms just asking if mines done..kind of just like when we were younger in the long car ride asking "are we there yet".. Cant do much about it though cause Bill is so dadgum good and his rep is so good there so many of you jackbobs orderin tunes from him its slowin mine down..i got an idea how bout everyone else just not order anything for a while and let Bill get some free time for me

BTW these faces are so cool
Wish more people had your patience! and sense of humor!
The funny thing is that the ones who start the fires are taking away from Corey and Bill's working time on processing orders and building tunes. The bigger a fire someone makes means the more time to put it out.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, April 12th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Whopper

jerry edwards is on a distinguished road
Default Bill and Corry

It's great to see how your busisness is growing so well.Your ideals sound like they are going to work out.Good Luck,and Happy Easter!
Old Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Afrancis is on a distinguished road
Default How did it go?

Since you guys are going out of town tomorrow, thought I would ask now. Just curious on how your first full week went with this new plan? Did you get as much, or more done then you thought you would? Have a safe trip this weekend, and have fun.
Old Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
American Muscle

dplummer87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrancis View Post
Since you guys are going out of town tomorrow, thought I would ask now. Just curious on how your first full week went with this new plan? Did you get as much, or more done then you thought you would? Have a safe trip this weekend, and have fun.
Good thought, hope it worked out as planned...I am all to familiar with how hard it is to get work done when the phones ring off the hook! (we have 5 lines at our family business :hammer:

(On a side note; you need a stressed phone call answering smiley guy )