Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Old Wed, October 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Whopper

fx4texasgirl is on a distinguished road
Default Hey ya'll--Texan who piggy-backed here from f150online...

A few years ago I interacted with Bill through the f150online forums, and he was so very nice, however, due to life getting in the way I could not follow up with my issues or my contact with him.

Ive had some programmer issues lately so I have been poking around trying to get some programmer stuff done and it all lead me over to here from f150online. After reading the site information, this place sounds like a warm and way more intimate formum hosted by some truly good people.

My name is the same from the f150 forums. I have some neat interactions over there and it looks I will have the same for this forum as well.

EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS
Old Wed, October 17th, 2012, 11:43 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Glad to have you join us Texas! Hope you can get the problems you're having squared away.

I don't know that any of us can offer more than you've already gotten, but feel free to ask. Did you get any response from Edge?

Regarding the "shudder" problem, can you be more specific? Does it happen at or near a shift? If so, there may be something you might try.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, October 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Whopper

FYI--for those who dont know me from f150online (and Im sure thats pretty much everyone)....

I bought my 2005 brand new in completely sock form. 5.4 V8, towing package, fx4 package, captains chairs with conlole shifter, fabric interior, extened cab 6.5 ft bed, 17" wheels with 3:55 gears.

this is my leveling kit with 32" tires and lariat 18" wheels.

I have alot of fun with my truck..

off roading..

mudding

towing

Im not just a poser, and daddy didnt pay for or build my truck for me (as I have been accused of many times before). I have built my truck from day one with help from friends and my boyfriend. We do all of our building in our own driveway, even the lift was done in the driveway on jackstands and dedication.

This is the hardwork and rewards that come from having a great hobby like this. I hopt to get very good with everyone here.

Old Wed, October 17th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Whopper

THANKS! I tried looking at their site but they have so many names for all the downloads and so many warnings that Im very reluctant. Im not even sure what edge I have right now.

JackandJanet--I did search the posts on this forum already though, and found a problem similar to mine. You and others suggested that he change the torque converter lockup up and down (Im paraphrasing). this made his problem go away.

You may not remember the post. Ill try to find it.

Old Wed, October 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Whopper

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/2004-...-per-hour.html

found it.

Old Wed, October 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by *fx4texasgirl* View Post
THANKS! I tried looking at their site but they have so many names for all the downloads and so many warnings that Im very reluctant. Im not even sure what edge I have right now.

JackandJanet--I did search the posts on this forum already though, and found a problem similar to mine. You and others suggested that he change the torque converter lockup up and down (Im paraphrasing). this made his problem go away.

You may not remember the post. Ill try to find it.
No, I DID remember it, but I didn't connect his problem with yours until just now, which is why I asked for clarification. It won't hurt to try adjusting the TC lock/unlock points. I've set mine all to the "low" max points, because I want the TC to lock quickly and to resist unlocking as speed drops in order to save gas. I did the same thing with the part throttle shift points - I want the truck in the highest gear as much as possible.

Now, that may not be what you want, since you do a lot of offroading. You may find things work better if you raise these settings, which should give you more power. Make small changes and see what the effect is. Looking at your pictures, you've probably put larger tires on, and keeping the truck in a lower gear longer should work better for you.

- Jack
Old Wed, October 17th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Whopper

awesome, thanks. Im starting with 2 notches up just like the previous posts and I will test drive it.

Old Wed, October 17th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Yep, the flutter is a common problem because that is also a common speed in slow traffic or small towns.

As Jack mentioned, I have also turned all my shift points to the minimum to keep RPMs down in stop and go traffic. When I approach the shift zones I'll just drop the shifter into 2nd or hit the O/D off button to drop down into 3rd. That way the truck avoids unnecessary shifting.

Pictures are worth 1,000 words and this is handy to remember when you are adjusting shift/lock points.

Feels weird to think I made this two years ago for a very similar problem...but for a guy way up north (north Texas that is ).
Old Thu, October 18th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Whopper

I'm confused now. On multiple levels.
But before we go on and beat this dead horse , should I carry this to a different section of the forums? This section is for introductions and I don't Want to upset anyone .

Old Thu, October 18th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Go ahead and post what you don't understand. I'll move it.