Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Orion Reflash System for Navistar

Orion Reflash System for Navistar Power Hungry Performance is the first in the industry to provide custom tuning
for the 1998 to 2007 Navistar Medium Duty platform!

If you have any questions or would like more information on Orion, please post here.

Old Mon, June 28th, 2021, 07:43 AM
Whopper Junior

Ganske is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply! I ended up getting it all sorted out. The tuner is awesome!!!! I have the 230 hp tune in it currently. It has helped my bus so much! I want to try some of the other higher tunes. Unfortunantly I have the low rated AT545 people say how terrible this trans is. What is your feelings on running the 250 hp tune? My bus isnt full size, it is a 35 ft long so it is about 5 feet short so hopefully down on some weight. I have been looking into swapping a allison 2000 5 speed in it this winter to try to make it a better highway traveler, but until then just wondering? Thanks
Old Mon, June 28th, 2021, 09:28 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The 250 HP tune will put your engine torque in the 570 Ft./Lbs. torque range. (These are flywheel numbers). Unfortunately, the AT 545 is just not rated for that torque output. You have a bit of an advantage being a smaller and lighter bus, but the long term solution is what you've already indicated... Replacing with a later transmission.

The MT 643 is rated for 640 Ft./Lbs. and would handle the power output nicely. You could also look at going with a heavier Allison MD 3060, which is good up to 1250 Ft./Lbs., but that would require a number of changes including PCM and any associated harness. The big issue is that the AT545 is an SAE 3 bellhousing and the MT643 or MD3000 series is an SAE 2 bellhousing. This would require conversion of the engine to transmission bellhousing adapter. CadillacKid on the Skoolie.net forum would be able to help advise on that one.

Here's a good page describing the differences in bellhousings. https://www.sbmar.com/articles/under...-measurements/

I'd say at this point you may want to just keep it at 230 for the time being. Nobody wants to replace a transmission unless absolutely necessary, and we want you to be able to travel reliably.

I hope this is helpful.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, June 28th, 2021, 10:45 AM
Whopper Junior

Ganske is on a distinguished road

Thanks! That is helpful. I will work on getting that trans swap done before pushing more power.

Tags
diamond, dt466, hungry, logic, navistar, orion, power, reflash, skoolie, system, t444e