Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1994˝ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1994˝ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped F-Series and F-Super Duty

Old Wed, May 12th, 2021, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

PHP Ward is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I blame "Roadkill" and especially Mike Finnegan for making me go through with building one.

I always thought they were cool and imagined how useful they could be but seeing David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan start with the white Chevy and then Finnegan keep getting bigger/better/faster ones - that really did me in.

Future plans include an E4OD and get away from the ZF due to clutch noise and MY age, charge air cooler, and MAYBE aluminum 19.5s when these 16s rot away (I tend to time-out tires, not wear out).
The first thing I thought when I saw this thread was Finnegan's love for ramp trucks!

Looks super handy.
Old Sat, May 15th, 2021, 09:54 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelsCar View Post
What's the recent update of this build?
Nothing yet - just driving it. I used it on the 6th to bring home my new commuter car. I'm retiring the free 1991 Oldsmobile I got 15.5 years ago as it's just not as reliable or comfortable anymore. Also factor in that it's at 290K miles on the stock cylinder head and 125C transmission and I don't have another rebuild in the short block (bored .060")...these 2.5L Oldsmobile engines are getting hard to find and they're not all that cheap. The windows don't roll down and I've put two of those plastic tape regulators in each door that work for a few weeks and then break again. The heater core leaks and I don't feel like disassembling the car to change it. It burns a quart of oil every 700-800 miles and since it's been my winter-only car for almost 10 of the 15 years I've had it, the underside is falling apart.

I bought a 2007 Taurus with a coolant leak at the front cover for not a lot of money. It only has 106K on it and it looks like new inside and out. $400 worth of timing cover, gaskets, and head gaskets (plugged passages with rust - thanks orange coolant) and it's like new....with GREEN coolant now.

Between fixing that, rebuilding 4R100s for a couple vehicles, fixing hydroseeders, and stripping a wrecked 2000 7.3 for parts this week....and the full-time job.....well....
Old Mon, May 17th, 2021, 08:47 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I don't think you have enough things to keep you busy. Probably driving your wife nuts sitting around the house all the time.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!