Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip

Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip The Power Hungry Performance Hydra Multi-Position Chip is the industry standard for the 7.3L!

Redesigned from the ground up, the Hydra Chip provides Ford owners with a feature packed,
high quality, and low cost alternative to other existing modules on the market today.

Old Sat, February 13th, 2021, 09:45 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I blame Cloudflare. Why not?
Old Sat, February 13th, 2021, 09:46 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

XP....
Old Sat, February 13th, 2021, 10:29 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
XP....
Soo...

Microsoft, being the b!tch that it is, has forced me to do something I didn't want to do. Eliminating support for older OS's. The latest version of Visual Studio (VS 2017) no longer directly supports successful installation of software on Windows XP systems, especially on 32 Bit versions. The new software requires an upgrade of the .NET Framework library to v4.6. Unfortunately, this does not support Windows XP.

I'm going to see if there's any way I can actually go back to the VS 2013 version and restore support for XP. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, February 13th, 2021, 10:35 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

I appreciate it......but......
Unless you have tons of customers still using this dinosaur and theystart "peacefully protesting", don't trouble yourself with it. I don't NEED internet capable Hydraflash. It was nice to have since I like to be able to tell people what is currently available if they don't particularly like what is recommended and how they'll differ from what they're used to.
Old Sat, February 13th, 2021, 06:44 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

The wife has an old 7 machine that I got her for Christmas when we started dating. She's since moved on (down) to a Chromebook and doesn't use the PC no mo'.

Not terrible I guess. My problem with 10 (parents had 8 and I wouldn't consider it fit for even tannerite fodder) is that you don't get to actually own any software and you can't keep it from "updating" (downgrading) every 3.762 days. If it ain't hooked to the netz, no Excel or word processing programs for you! Subscription and cloud-based only - they got ya by the short-and-curlies!

Eh. I'll see how badly this bothers me. I'm already hating having 1.5 "tuning computers" since I have a disease that causes me to mentally require a redundant backup of EVERYTHING.
Old Mon, February 15th, 2021, 10:48 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I was able to push the .NET requirements back to 3.5 SP1, which is XP capable, and still get HydraFlash to build.

When you have a second, hook up to the interwebz, run HydraFlash, and let it update. You should be good to go after that and can then disconnect from the "Big Brother Broadcasting System".

Obviously, if you want to pull files form the Hydra Server you'll need a connection, but you can otherwise handle everything offline.

Let me know if you have any further issues. In the meantime, I'm going to look over those Excursion files.

Thanks!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Mon, February 15th, 2021, 04:25 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

That dood-'er.

It's good on the internet computer. The oooolllldddd version of Hydraflash I have on the other 1.5 computers does just fine for the couple chips I have running around here on the various junk in my driveway.

Again, you didn't have to spend time to make my junk function but thanks!

Quote:
Let me know if you have any further issues.
I've bothered you enough for a few months.
Old Fri, February 26th, 2021, 09:01 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

I said I wouldn't bother you but you've been doing this long enough to know....

The guy having the TNAA4Y2 shift issues was wondering if you'd been able to get a chance to look at calibrations.

Have a great day!
Old Mon, March 1st, 2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I said I wouldn't bother you but you've been doing this long enough to know....

The guy having the TNAA4Y2 shift issues was wondering if you'd been able to get a chance to look at calibrations.

Have a great day!
I gave it a look last week, but I couldn't come up with any real problems in the tuning that I could identify.

I don't have an account on FTE anymore. They locked out my old account when I stopped being a sponsor. Could you message the customer and have him e-mail me directly so I can discuss the issue with him? I'd appreciate it.

There shouldn't be any reason we can't get this resolved, I just need some more detail on what the issue is and what approach we need to take.

(678) 890-1110