Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mon, September 13th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road
Default Modified IDM and tuning

I ordered Minotaur a few mins ago, so obviously I haven't had a chance to tune a diesel yet..

I put this subject here, because I'm interested in hearing the responces of guys that tune, not the guy running "canned" tunes ( not that there is anything wrong with that )..

Running a modified IDM to crank out 140 volts instead of 120, well obviously it allows for quicker injector opening times, which would give you just a tiny bit of room to add more fuel. With a canned tune, I can see where you may see a gain from it. It's the same thing as modifying a sensor to fool the ECM.

But what about when your able to custom tune? If you wanted the same result, all you'd do is add pulsewidth and maybe timing?

With the millisecond ( give or take ) of increase opening times, would someone custom tuning be able to take advantage of that? Obviously in the lower RPM ranges you'll have more time to inject a certain amount of fuel, the more RPM's your running, the less time you'd have..

I can see where that might be an advantage. Just like with forced induction gas engine's ( turbo's ), I can add more fuel down low making the mixture rich, advance the timing and get quicker spool times. The same could be done with a diesel, and is done quite often.

Any thoughts?
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...