Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sat, July 17th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Whopper

Kwattro is on a distinguished road
Edge and transmission destruction reputation.

Why does Edge have such a bad reputation in the 6.0 community for destroying transmissions? Seems to be a common theme across all the forums. More importantly what does PHP do different to combat these problems?
Old Sat, July 17th, 2010, 06:39 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

My guess would be either too firm or too soft shifting, both of which can harm your transmission.
Old Sat, July 17th, 2010, 08:27 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

It's the JUICE that destroys transmissions.

It's what we in the business call a "forum fact". If it's reiterated enough times on the forums, it must be true.

The JUICE modules have no compensation for transmission functions.

The EVOLUTION programmers do.

Edge has no track record with "destroying" transmissions with their flash programmers on the 7.3L and 6.0L diesels.
Old Sat, July 17th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Its like Cody said. The Edge Juice with and without the attitude, have the reputation of being tranny killers. They do not have any trans control, including the juice platinum. The platinum is supposed to have some trans control, but they still shift like crap. I know cause I have them....in a box in the garage now

The 6.0L and 7.3L evolutions have trans programming.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Mon, April 18th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Double Whopper

OneMeanStroker is on a distinguished road

So, when I order the Gryphon, does that go in and customize the shift points. I'd like to get one ASAP, but am worried about the tunes not matching up with the power levels provided by PHP. I have a FU chip in my F250, and LOVE IT!!! Want to get that same feeling from my wife's EX.
2000 F 250 CC LB 4x2, 6-sp, FU chip, WW, Turbomaster, Overboost Annihilator, BHAF, 35" ProComps on Flat Black 18" Mazzi Hulks, 4" DP, 5" Exhaust with muffler delete, ZooDad, Custom mesh grill, Boost, EGT, and Trans temp gauges.
2005 EX Limited, 4x4, CAI, NITTO TerraGrapplers on custom wheels, 3.5" DP, 4" Exhaust with muffler delete, Boost, EGT, and Trans temp gauges. GRYPHON.
Old Mon, April 18th, 2011, 07:23 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMeanStroker View Post
So, when I order the Gryphon, does that go in and customize the shift points. I'd like to get one ASAP, but am worried about the tunes not matching up with the power levels provided by PHP. I have a FU chip in my F250, and LOVE IT!!! Want to get that same feeling from my wife's EX.
If I'm not mistaken, Bill and Corey have an Expy and it is "Gryphon Tuned". I know Bill is not going to put anything into his vehicle (or yours) that will hurt it.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer