Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Fri, October 2nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
Bacon King

RobbyMartin is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon vs. Hypertech PP III

I am curious as to what differences might be felt from the Hypertech Power Programmer III that I currently own, to the Gryphon that I'm trying to save to get. Canned tune for canned tune and canned tune to custom tune? Someone has got to have an opinion.

Rob

2002 F150 SCrew 4.6L
Old Mon, October 5th, 2009, 02:38 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I have an opinion, but I'm probably not what you'd consider the "fairest" of people to ask. Even if I gave you an honest answer, would you believe it?

Actually, don't know too many people on here that have run the PPIII so you might have to ask on F150Online or FordTrucks.com to get a reasonable answer.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, October 5th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Bacon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
I have an opinion, but I'm probably not what you'd consider the "fairest" of people to ask. Even if I gave you an honest answer, would you believe it?

Actually, don't know too many people on here that have run the PPIII so you might have to ask on F150Online or FordTrucks.com to get a reasonable answer.

Take care.

Bill,
I know feature for feature, the PPIII doesn't stand a chance. Considering what I've read on your product it seems like the Gryphon would be a considerable improvement over what my PPIII seems to be right now. I know I can feel an improvement with the PPIII vs. stock but you know how us guys get....we just want more power! Considering that you're a Christian man, as I am too, I'm going to trust that you would give me an honest answer on how the Gryphon performs against the competition. No trash talk, just flat out facts on features and performance.
Thanks
Rob
Old Mon, October 5th, 2009, 11:45 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyMartin View Post
Bill,
I know feature for feature, the PPIII doesn't stand a chance. Considering what I've read on your product it seems like the Gryphon would be a considerable improvement over what my PPIII seems to be right now. I know I can feel an improvement with the PPIII vs. stock but you know how us guys get....we just want more power! Considering that you're a Christian man, as I am too, I'm going to trust that you would give me an honest answer on how the Gryphon performs against the competition. No trash talk, just flat out facts on features and performance.
Thanks
Rob
Rob, I think Bill can be totally objective about "feature" differences, but "performance"? Unless he had a vehicle equipped with a Hypertech that he could swap in a Gryphon on, I doubt if he can really give you an opinion.

We pretty much have to weigh the majority of posts regarding the impressions of each from lots of different users to form any kind of opinion.

I know Bill could also compare the programming in each kind of unit and could form an opinion on "performance" gains from each, but again, he's need both units to do this. I doubt this is something he's done.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, October 5th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Bacon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Rob, I think Bill can be totally objective about "feature" differences, but "performance"? Unless he had a vehicle equipped with a Hypertech that he could swap in a Gryphon on, I doubt if he can really give you an opinion.

We pretty much have to weigh the majority of posts regarding the impressions of each from lots of different users to form any kind of opinion.

I know Bill could also compare the programming in each kind of unit and could form an opinion on "performance" gains from each, but again, he's need both units to do this. I doubt this is something he's done.

- Jack

I just got off the phone with first Corey and then Bill.....what great people to talk to.!!

I have all the info needed to get the Gryphon now. I really dig this company!