Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Mon, May 2nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
Whopper Junior

Lineman is on a distinguished road
Question Recommendations?

Hi! in late '06, I purchased a new '07 F-250. I was quite impressed with the power, even compared to my modded '02 7.3L, so since it was new, I decided to leave it stock for the time being. Over then next two years, I happened to notice a slight decrease in fuel economy, as well as power when towing our camper in the mountains. Where I could normally hit 70 mph, but would do 65 since that was the speed limit, I could now only hit 65 on a good day. I figured it was due to the change to ULSD and that I had just noticed it. I toyed with the idea of starting the mods then, but hesitated due to the fact that my warranty was still good for a while. Well now that fuel prices are sky high, I figured it might be worth while to get a bit of my mileage back as well as my towing power.

So here is the deal. I really don't want to go crazy on the truck. It is a part time family vehicle, especially when we are dragging the camper around. If I am going to have to go with head studs, as well as other mega mods, I'm just going to forget it. I know I can't get that past the family financial committee, aka wifey pooh.

So...any recommendations as where to start and eventually end up? I am wanting towing power, a bit of mileage, and a very zippy daily driver.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Old Mon, May 2nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
Double Whopper

OneMeanStroker is on a distinguished road

FICM and rolled back ECM/TCM
2000 F 250 CC LB 4x2, 6-sp, FU chip, WW, Turbomaster, Overboost Annihilator, BHAF, 35" ProComps on Flat Black 18" Mazzi Hulks, 4" DP, 5" Exhaust with muffler delete, ZooDad, Custom mesh grill, Boost, EGT, and Trans temp gauges.
2005 EX Limited, 4x4, CAI, NITTO TerraGrapplers on custom wheels, 3.5" DP, 4" Exhaust with muffler delete, Boost, EGT, and Trans temp gauges. GRYPHON.