Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Mon, March 8th, 2021, 10:39 AM
Whopper Junior

ILJATO is on a distinguished road
Help Need advice on what to do next

Hello....
I am absolutely new to 6.0L diesel and wanting to maximize 6.0's capabilities. I have read almost everything about trying to improve sluggish, low power until warmed and cold start. The 2003 Excursion is pretty much bulletproofed with EGR delete and new parts with known weaknesses except for head studs (original heads).

From what I have read, which lead me to PHP, I would need to have my ECM/PCM rolled back to the best version for my vehicle year (VXAM7) and my FICM tested, repaired and updated with PHP tune.

I could not find the answer to my question because most of the information are several years old (almost 8 years old on this site). Which programmer or tuner should I use in order to effectively flash my ECM/PCM and to tune my FICM?

Where can I get the ECM/PCM version VXAM7? Is there anyone who would flash my ECM/PCM if I sent it? or is there a software I can download to the programmer/tuner and flash it myself?

I would appreciate any suggestions and advises so I can properly and safely improve and maximize the power of 6.0L. Thank you for your time.
Old Mon, March 8th, 2021, 11:25 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Go here and scroll down to the "find a dealer" portion

https://gopowerhungry.com/ficm-programming/
Old Mon, March 8th, 2021, 01:57 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Gerald,

I completely understand about the difficulty with the site and understand the concern with much of the data being pretty old. We lost the site many years back and could not get it recovered and running until recently. However, despite the age, much of the data is still pretty accurate. Our address has changed, and only recently did we discontinue selling the Gryphon Programmer for the 6.0L due to an EOL on the device from the manufacturer, but we still provide many of the same products and services.

We can handle the rollback on your PCM. You would just need to call in and speak to Ward to set that up. If it is just a stock rollback, the cost would be $75.00 plus shipping. If you want a modified calibration included (like a 40 HP Tow tune or something like that...), then the cost would be $150.00 plus shipping.

We do not test or repair FICMs. If you're looking for that extent of service, may we recommend FICM Repair.com (Indiana), FICM Fixer (Texas), or Circuit Board Medics (South Carolina). We work closely with with all three, they all can test and repair FICMs, and they all can flash the FICM with our tuning as well. The cost of FICM reflash is$150.00, but the cost of service to the FICM may vary between the companies. All three are very reputable, though.

If you decide you'd like to be able change tuning on the ECM, we currently use SCT as the programming platform. This gives you some options for custom tuning and can hold up to 10 different calibrations. The advantage to this is that you won't need to shell out for a rollback as the SCT can work with calibrations based on the rollback file and the custom files range from $50-$75 depending on who you purchase them from.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, March 11th, 2021, 01:07 PM
Whopper Junior

ILJATO is on a distinguished road

Hello Bill....

Thank you for your reply as it was informative and helpful. I do have few minor questions.

What SCT model do you recommend?

I also would like to be able to monitor my engine (any brand/model recommendation?) but I am having hard time finding information about minimum and maximum parameters of various parts within the engine such as temperatures, pressures, voltages, air flow and so forth.

I definitely will contact Ward to discuss about the ECM/PCM rollback and tunes.

Again, thank you for the helpful reply.
Old Fri, March 12th, 2021, 11:52 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

If you're wanting to monitor and program from the same device, then the SCT LiveWire is pretty much your option.

Now, a more expensive option is to go with the SCT X4 as your programmer and then use the Edge Insight CTS3 as your monitor. I much prefer that as a monitoring device, but of course that will nearly double your costs.

A third option would be to have your PCM reflashed with a single modified tune and then go for the Insight CTS3. It's a little more cost effective, but also less flexible as you're limited to the single tune on the PCM. And honestly, you're only saving about $150.00.

Those are pretty much your choices. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!