Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests Let's face it -- there are times when everyone could use a few extra prayers coming their way. Feel free to post about prayers needed for yourself, family, friends, and anyone else!

Old Sat, May 30th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road
Default For my cousin

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday was a beautiful day, but brought some bad/mixed news. My cousin, Michael, has been missing for about 6 weeks. There had been a little idea of where he might be, but it was also believed that he may commit suicide.
My cousin is one of the nicest people you could meet, and he puts others needs well before his own, hence it contributed to a pretty high level of stress as he was sacrificing a lot of his time looking out for his youngest brother and employer, where he worked many long hours. Despite living out west, there was evidence he had been back in NY about a week ago.
Yesterday brought news that he was being brought into the area via helicopter after being found with a gun shot to the head. Little else was known at that point, but after rushing to the hospital and getting a briefing from one of the doctors the outlook seems better than what was probably expected. Apparently, the angle of the shot caused the bullet to travel primarily through his sinus cavity, though it most likely also damaged the optic nerve for one eye. At the time he was brought in to the hospital, he was conscious, talking, and knew where he was and what day it was..... However, he could not see anything. The doctors don't know if he will be completely blind, or if sight will return in the other eye at all. The injury has caused significant swelling and is suspected for the blindness in the other eye, but not yet fully known if it is the only cause. He is also going to need some reconstructive surgery in his sinus cavity as the bullet did considerable damage to the bones in this area of his face.
No matter what treatment he is going to require from this point, it's going to be a long road to recovery. It would be greatly appreciated if you could keep my cousin and his family in your prayers. The physical injuries are bad enough, but I'm sure those will be the most easiest healed wounds that he currently has. Thank You all very much.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Sat, May 30th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about that. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.
Old Sat, May 30th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Baconator

Thank You!

Just recieved and update, during the night he developed a seepage of cerebral fluid and has had his blood pressure drop. They will have to perform surgery soon to try and stop this.

We never always know what God's will is, but seek to understand that in times it's not in line with what we seek, it has been for the best outcome.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Sat, May 30th, 2009, 08:38 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Prayers sent.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 09:51 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin! Prayers are sent for him and your family.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 10:03 AM
Baconator

Thank You Corey!

Just a short update.... They did surgery yesterday to stop the seepage, went very well. I hear my cousin is in good spirits, and pretty sorry about what he has done, but already trying to look ahead.
Still no solid word on his vision, but I never count anything out, miracles have happened that have been much more dramatic than restoring someone sight.

Thanks again everyone!

Old Wed, June 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I've witnessed bigger miracles, so I have faith that his vision will be okay. You're all still in our prayers!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, June 3rd, 2009, 01:30 PM
Baconator

Thank You! I have heard that they now have him in a regular room, and have even had him up and walking, which is good. No other changes yet, but any bit of recovery is better than the alternatives.

Old Tue, June 16th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Baconator

Default Update

Thanks for the prayers everyone!

Just to update you on my cousin's progress. His spirits are pretty high, despite still not having any sight. His sense of smell and taste had been lost, but are starting to slowly return. He did say every once in a while he can make out a shape or silhouette, but only for a split second. A lot of the swelling he had is gone, and he really looks much more like himself too.

He also mentioned that they will do another CAT scan later this week, and if everything looks good, more stitches will come out and he may be able to go home shortly afterward. Possibly as early as next Monday.

There's still a ways to go, learning to read braille and adjust to functioning without sight, but he seems to be up for the challenge.

Thanks again!

TJD

Old Tue, June 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Thanks for the update. Your family is still in our prayers every day. Looks like they may just be working.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019