Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > Super Duty & Excursion (Gasoline)

Super Duty & Excursion (Gasoline) 5.4L & 6.8L equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, August 20th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Whopper Junior

Fuelman is on a distinguished road
Default need more v10

I wish there was more v10 info. All I here about (as far as Programmong) is Mike's 5star. If anyone has a V10 please post results please.......
Old Fri, November 26th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Whopper Junior

Fuelman is on a distinguished road

Has no one used PHP programming on a V10????? Hard to believe.
Old Fri, November 26th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I asked a while ago about a V-10 when my dad had one, and the results are about the same as a V-8, so depending on what year and everything, you can expect about 25-35 hp and a little more torque, like 35-45 for improvement. plus your transmission will shift better like it does for the V-8's. hope that helped! you can always call up Bill and ask directly!
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 01:29 PM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

What kind of mpg improvement has people seen with a programmer on an excursion V10? My uncle is trading his 99 F250 7.3 for my dad's excursion and he is interested in bumping up the fuel milage.

Also (hard info to find on google), I was interested if there was any mods needed to go with a chip on a gasser like you would with a diesel (i.e Exhaust, intake, gauges)?
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 02:56 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I think the problem is that there may not be all that many V10 users that reprogram their trucks. Even 10 years ago we never had that many requests for V10 stuff.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 03:14 PM
God & Guns

But you could provide a chip for a V10?
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Ill let Bill continue his vacation and I think I can answer based on what I asked a while ago. Yes a chip is available, the phoenix 6 position chip would work, or you could get a gryphon programmer and get the nice guages with it. It all depends on what you want. The tuning will all be the same, so the choice will basically depend on price, how many tunes you want, and if want digital guages or not , good luck, and Merry Christmas!
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 08:23 PM
God & Guns

Thanks man. Merry Christmas to ya'll as well.
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 10:14 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Like Tico said, V10's are no problem.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!