Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped F-Series and F-Super Duty

Old Mon, September 12th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Whopper Junior

loudmouth is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon ??????s

OK, So I've been beating my head against a wall looking at tuning options. I don't have gauges, or anything yet. Truck is bone stock OBS auto, sans a DP and 6637 set up.

The Gryphon CS seems like the way to go, as it gives basic gauges, with the pyro add on. My question is on pricing. Does the 499$ include the custom calibrations or are they extra. I've read that the factory transmission tuning for the OBS trucks from Edge leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Mon, September 12th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

The $499 does not include custom tunes, they are $30 a piece. At the bottom of the information page it lists the price of the calibrations.
and feel free to browse and ask any questions you have, we don't bite here... well too much at least
Old Mon, September 12th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Whopper Junior

Can you switch "on the fly" with the obs, and whats the possibility of a high idle tune?

Besides the touch screen, does the cts do anything else above the cs?
Old Mon, September 12th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Whopper Junior

Also, can you add the php calibrations to an existing cs? If so what is the cost involved?
Old Mon, September 12th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

The prices are all on the web site Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER!, To switch on the fly you will need a phoenix chip, then gauges aren't a bad idea, so you could get the edge insight (PHP sells those).
for a high idle tune, the Phoenix is a good choice as well, that way you can switch between the high idle and a normal tune without issues.
The CTS has the touch screen, it is larger, and it has a backup camera option available, other than that it is the same.
Yes you can get a used CS or CTS and have custom tunes loaded, you would need to provide the serial number (or something like that) to PHP so they can get you your tunes when they are ready, all you would do is update the CS or CTS through the program provided by edge.
What other questions can i help with? BTW I am planning on doing the phoenix/insight combo once I get the money.
Old Tue, September 13th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Whopper Junior

It's looking like a Evo CS for me, Thanks for all the input,, From everything I've read PHP seems like a pretty solid company so they'll get my business for sure, as soon as I can raise some more monies LOL
Old Wed, September 14th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Learning the ropes

tim64 is on a distinguished road

I first ordered the edge evo cs for my 97 OBS and I was seriously disappointed with the transmission tunes. They just held the gears too long. It was somewhat annoying to daily drive. I was about ready to send it back. Then I found PHP (sounds sort of like finding Jesus or something... well... it was a sort of similar experience Ordered the custom calibrations. Then waited. Sometimes patiently... Othertimes not so patiently. Then once they arrived. WOW!!! I am in love. Just my $.02... I would just order from PHP the first time.