Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, March 30th, 2012, 03:35 PM
*Ford Girl*

RaiderH8r89 is on a distinguished road
Help *I thought I had a dead truck today- help!*

I have a lifted 2008 F150 4.6L, and I finally got around to changing the gear ratio (4.56) and tire size (2740) on my Evo today. I've been running it on Level 2, and decided to go back down to Level 1. When I turned the truck on, it seemed fine. I got to a stoplight to turn left, and when I pushed the gas to go, my truck lurched forward (mid-turn), and lost power. The yellow wrench then lit up on the dash.

I babied it into the grocery store parking lot, turned the truck off, and set it back to Stock settings. I then changed it back to Level 1 without changing the gear ratio or tire size, and it seems to drive fine now... what the heck happened?? Anybody else experience anything like this before?

Old Fri, March 30th, 2012, 06:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

No idea. But, it would possibly be helpful to know what code was thrown when you got the wrench light. If it happens again, check the diagnostics display for the "P-code(s)".

And, there's really nothing in changing Tire Size or Gear Ratio that should cause this, especially on Level 1. I'd also reload the Level 1 tune with those things changed and see what happens. (However, I think you get more benefit out of using the Level 2 tune.)

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer