Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mon, March 8th, 2021, 10:39 AM
Whopper Junior

ILJATO is on a distinguished road
Help Need advice on what to do next

Hello....
I am absolutely new to 6.0L diesel and wanting to maximize 6.0's capabilities. I have read almost everything about trying to improve sluggish, low power until warmed and cold start. The 2003 Excursion is pretty much bulletproofed with EGR delete and new parts with known weaknesses except for head studs (original heads).

From what I have read, which lead me to PHP, I would need to have my ECM/PCM rolled back to the best version for my vehicle year (VXAM7) and my FICM tested, repaired and updated with PHP tune.

I could not find the answer to my question because most of the information are several years old (almost 8 years old on this site). Which programmer or tuner should I use in order to effectively flash my ECM/PCM and to tune my FICM?

Where can I get the ECM/PCM version VXAM7? Is there anyone who would flash my ECM/PCM if I sent it? or is there a software I can download to the programmer/tuner and flash it myself?

I would appreciate any suggestions and advises so I can properly and safely improve and maximize the power of 6.0L. Thank you for your time.