Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM JAMES View Post
Bill,

If I get my unit (and cable) in the mail on Nov 14, could you program it and get it back to me before Dec 1 or 2?? I am planning a trip from Wyoming to California on the 2 through the 9th.
Jim
Again, I'm not Bill, but I think this might be pretty "chancy". I honestly think if you want to drive your vehicle on a trip with a tune, you'd be better off not sending it in right now, especially with Corey sick.

I suspect Bill is going to have his hands full for the next week or so.

- Jack
Old Sat, November 14th, 2009, 10:57 AM
BA, M.Ed., Ed.D., CDL

JIM JAMES is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Jack. No problem, here. I'll wait til later. After the time to go to the "convention," Corey being sick, Bill has his hands full.

Now, to all, suggestions for transforming the Evo into A Gryphon??

It's a 2001 Excursion, 7.3, 125k. No other power mods.

Rarely will it be used for towing the 26 foot Terry travel trailer, might be used to tow a load of logs for firewood on a 16-22 foot flatbed, maybe 6-9,000 pounds. So, what kind of "universal-type" tow setting?

Will be used for long trips (300+ miles) with no load other than, maybe, 2-5 people and small amount of luggage. Fuel Sipper??? Can "fuel sipper" be used for normal driving, running into town (40 miles round trip), etc.

And will have 140 hp Extreme for those rare times when I want to just put my foot in it for the hell of it....

Any suggestions are welcome, guys......

Jim