Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sun, November 6th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Whopper

Face Down is on a distinguished road
Help GRYPHON™ CTS for 6.0 w/ EGR Delete ??'s

Ok....so I have done lots of reading on my "new to me" 2006 6.0 and just have a couple more questions before I place an order. My new truck is bone stock and probably showing signs of the normal problems associated with the 6.0's. First order of business is to do a EGR delete and while we have it all torn apart add a 4" Turbo Back Exhaust and replace the oil cooler...button everything up with a coolant flush. So I know I need a programmer to clear the CEL due to the EGR delete and I know I need some gauges to monitor my EOT's, ECT's and EGT's. The CTS seems to be the obivious choice but I have read that lots of people perfer SCT X3's for 6.0 programming and a CTS Insight for monitoring. I have even had someone tell me that the CTS will not clear a EGR delete CEL. So I am a little confused as there is so much information out the on the 6.0's

As far as tuning the only thing I am interested in is a little more power, better MPG and a solid towing tune for my 8000# camper that might be replaced by a 10-11k one in the future. I have no need for a aggressive race tune...not how I drive and I might like it too much if I have one!

I know you guys sell both the CTS and the X3, what are your recommendations? Could you also list what tunes you would think I would need and if those tunes are "custom" and would cost more when I order.

I found your website from other forums and after reading your "Letter to Customers" and your history I really feel like PHP is a place that I would love to do business with! Thanks for your help in advance!!

Last edited by Face Down; Sun, November 6th, 2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old Tue, November 8th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

I'm running the CTS on both the 06 and the 05 excursion. They have custom tunes loaded in them from PHP. I also have egr delete, and no egr codes in either one, because of the custom tunes. Sounds like if you decided to order a CTS from PHP you most likely want two custom tunes, the 40 Tow and the 80 Daily driver.

I have the SCT x3 aswell, but like you wanted the tunes and gauges in one package. So, I keep the X3 around and use it as a code reader at work. Its a great product, with lots of available options for it out there. But like I said I wanted the combo in one unit.

hope this helps
Jeremy
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Wed, November 9th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Whopper

Thanks for the feedback Jeremy!! That is the answer I wanted to hear as I really like the features of the CTS and want a all-in-one solution. I will be ordering next week and giving PHP a call!!!
Old Tue, November 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Whopper

Talked to Bill today and ordered the CTS...looking forward to getting it!! Also got some stuff at XDP; aFe 4" SS Turbo back and a coolant filter kit. Can't wait to get everything on!
Old Wed, November 16th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Pursuit Interceptor

HeavyAssault is on a distinguished road

What tunes did you decide on using??
Old Thu, November 17th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Whopper Junior

still runs is on a distinguished road

yes you need to have gauges and along with your egt eot ect you want to watch your fuel psi and ficm volts i have a write upon a flush that will leave the inside of your block shining it takes the better part of a day but its the peice of mind that you will have after you do it and if i was you i wouldnt do a new oil cooler id save up the cash and do a oil cooler delete and never worrie about it again theres two out there that ive seen, one im buying bullet proof diesel and inovation have them and if you havent bought your egr delete yet pm me i will send you a link and get it cheaper and just the same thing half the price so dont spend $300 things on theses truck cost enough when you can get a deal take it but always research it first and then see whos used it heard of it and so on and a good investment to work on your truck is a top creaper standing on a chair or bucket sucks after doing my delete my gut hurt for 2 days so anyhow good luck
Old Mon, November 21st, 2011, 08:31 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
What tunes did you decide on using??
For now I just stayed w/ stock tunes as I am not sure when I will be doing the EGR Delete...but I bet it will be sooner or later! As soon as I get the CTS delivered (hoping soon!) I can check my deltas and see what shape the coolers are in. Not planning on pulling the camper till end of Spring/early Summer so I have some time.
Old Mon, November 21st, 2011, 08:33 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by still runs View Post
i have a write upon a flush that will leave the inside of your block shining it takes the better part of a day but its the peice of mind that you will have after you do it...if you havent bought your egr delete yet pm me i will send you a link and get it cheaper
Would like the link to your coolant flush write up...and I PM'd you for the EGR Delete info. THanks!