Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, February 15th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Whopper Junior

hypo28968 is on a distinguished road
Default Disappointed customer cts

Hello I have never posted on here before and have not had to use this method on contacting a business on one of their products but it is my last attempt. I apologize if this is in the wrong location as well, like I said I don't get on these forums often. About a year and a half ago I purchased a cts (edge touch screen) for my 02 350 from power hungry with custom tunes, after I had installed stage II single shot injectors in it and a hypermax turbo kit and was running brand x tuner the engine blew up. So I built a new engine with a new block all forged and then installed bills tuner have had nothing but problems ever since, and now I am back running brand x tuner while I look at this $800 speedometer that gets about 10 mpg and runs 1000 egt while pulling a empty trailer on its tow or stock tune,which the main reason I took it off was how poorly the trans shifting was it would've cost me a trans if it was left on. Mind you brand x is the one that blew the engine so i bought php which supposedly was the remedy far from it in my opinion. So far I tried to call that worked a couple times then it was he's working on the tunes and the changes made didn't fix the problems. I went as far as sending them graphs of different pids from IDS and have never been contacted again so I gave up for about a year ago. By no means am I pointing fingers at a person at php but I think this is a group problem with communication I hope anyway I didn't see this group as one to take one order and run as Bill told me that when you purchase a CUSTOM tune it is custom and mine is in no way custom for my setup. Any help on how to get this resolved would be a great help and appreciated.
Thanks,JB
Old Wed, February 15th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I'll have Bill look at your tunes, JB, and contact you.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, February 28th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Whopper Junior

Just as before 10 days later and no contact I really hope your company doesn't do this to everyone that spends this much money on a tuner that is completely useless if anyone has a question on this feel free to contact me @hypo28968@yahoo.com Jon Bruns.

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Wed, February 29th, 2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Deleted the rude parts
Old Tue, February 28th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Whopper

MO05SD is on a distinguished road
Default Not Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypo28968 View Post
Just as before 10 days later and no contact I really hope your company doesn't do this to everyone that spends this much money on a tuner that is completely useless thanks again for no help if anyone has a question on this feel free to contact me @hypo28968@yahoo.com Jon Bruns.

I have had the same experience with the CTS that I purchased for my 6.0. Bill and Corey have both been great to deal with when I could reach one of them. But between communications there is always a situation that throws a wrench in the works. The problems with EDGE's software, lost emails, and other situations made we give up after about 7 months. Hoping someday to try again if I ever feel the situation is better. Discouraged,but still hoping to get things straighten out.

MODS:
PHP FICM with Hybrid Programming,
Sinister EGR Cooler Delete,AIRAID CAI,Zoodad Mod,
Coolant Filter,4" Turbo Back Exhaust, Hi-Idle Mod,
Updated Fuel Pressure Regulator Spring,Banjo Bolt Mod.,
Gryphon CTS & 5 Custom PHP Tunes
SCT & 4 Custom Tunes
Old Wed, February 29th, 2012, 02:02 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Jon,

The last contact I had with you was in October, 2010. In going through my notes, I see that on 10/7/2010 we put a set of tunes up on Fusion which I see were downloaded, but I haven't heard anything back from you. Since that time, I have no further e-mails from you at all to indicate if the situation was resolved or not, or even to ask if we were still looking at the tunes, if we were just backed up, or even if we just overlooked your situation entirely. I can't respond to a question that isn't asked and to come here 18 months later (without even the courtesy of an e-mail to just check and see what's up) and get upset because I haven't been responsive is rather unfair since I wasn't aware that there was anything we needed to address any further.

All that aside, I had overlooked the e-mail Corey had forwarded me from your earlier post, which was absolutely my fault. I'd be happy to resolve the issue with your tunes if you'd be so kind as to let me know where we are at with them and what exactly we need to address.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, February 29th, 2012, 02:44 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO05SD View Post
I have had the same experience with the CTS that I purchased for my 6.0. Bill and Corey have both been great to deal with when I could reach one of them. But between communications there is always a situation that throws a wrench in the works. The problems with EDGE's software, lost emails, and other situations made we give up after about 7 months. Hoping someday to try again if I ever feel the situation is better. Discouraged,but still hoping to get things straighten out.
Roy,

I think your post is a bit unfair as well. To my knowledge, the only issue we had was a miscommunication in getting your tunes loaded onto Fusion, and that was mostly due to the fault of Fusion dumping your custom files. When you had posted on the PHP page on FB, both Corey and I have been responsive to your questions. So unless I missed a post on FB somewhere, I was under the impression everything was fine.

If you're still having some issue I'd be happy to take a look at it and get it resolved, but I can't fix it if I'm not aware of it.

And just for reference, the new FB "Timeline" SUCKS! I KNOW you've posted on there quite a few times, but dang if I can find anything from you now. Why couldn't they just leave it alone????

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, February 29th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Whopper

MO05SD is on a distinguished road
Default My Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Roy,

I think your post is a bit unfair as well. To my knowledge, the only issue we had was a miscommunication in getting your tunes loaded onto Fusion, and that was mostly due to the fault of Fusion dumping your custom files. When you had posted on the PHP page on FB, both Corey and I have been responsive to your questions. So unless I missed a post on FB somewhere, I was under the impression everything was fine.

If you're still having some issue I'd be happy to take a look at it and get it resolved, but I can't fix it if I'm not aware of it.

And just for reference, the new FB "Timeline" SUCKS! I KNOW you've posted on there quite a few times, but dang if I can find anything from you now. Why couldn't they just leave it alone????

Take care.

Bill I wasn't trying to be unfair. Sorry you feel that way. I was just trying to express the fact that he wasn't the only one in that situation and that I didn't feel it was it was right to lay the blame solely on PHP. That there were other situations such as Edge's software problem and their lack of dealing with it. Internet and phone problems. These two alone created what I considered an overwhelming backlog of work. Then with You and Corey having to deal with her headaches and the everyday hectic schedules of normal life and family. It adds to the complexity of keeping everything going on an even keel. Then in the last few months there have been several times when emergencies arose. Family comes first and I hope you don't misunderstand what I mean.

I used the forum and FB to post as much information as to the problem with the tunes I was having. You made changes and reloaded to Fusion. Still needed changes made. Then the problem with the 3.0 update caused about a 3-4 month delay along with a couple communication problems. After the update fix which moved you reloading tunes out till after the first of the year. Contacted you as instructed on forum. Downloaded tunes and tried them again. It was like went back to the original tunes and the same problem originally had. Then it was stated that work backlog was so great with new orders that it would be a period of time before problems could be dealt with. So I just decided to back off for a month or so. That's why I haven't even tried to contact you recently.

I have been visiting the forum and the FB page on a regular basis. There have been customer posting about trying to contact you and not being able to. I purchased another tuner and custom tunes. The way the truck reacted to these tunes are at the other end of the spectrum. Your tunes hammered the tranny on shifts and the new tunes shift smoother except I have a 3-5 shift flare when cold the first time thru. Now I'm trying to determine if there is a situation I need to take care of. I'm planning on doing a fluid, filter and possibly a EPC solenoid change out to see what effect it has. I just have to do it as the funds are available. After this is completed, I had planned on contacting you again and seeing what could be done. I still want to get these tunes fixed if possible.

This situation all started back in July of last year and I hope you understand my frustration. But in no way was I trying to talk bad about you, Corey, or anyone affiliated with PHP. I'm sorry if it seemed that away to you. I will be in touch as soon as I can come up with some answers to what is going on. If you have any ideas, I'm open to suggestions if you think I'm on the wrong track.

Thanks,

Roy

MODS:
PHP FICM with Hybrid Programming,
Sinister EGR Cooler Delete,AIRAID CAI,Zoodad Mod,
Coolant Filter,4" Turbo Back Exhaust, Hi-Idle Mod,
Updated Fuel Pressure Regulator Spring,Banjo Bolt Mod.,
Gryphon CTS & 5 Custom PHP Tunes
SCT & 4 Custom Tunes
Old Wed, February 29th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Whopper Junior

Bill,
I as well as from what Roy explained did not make this as a blaming game and i did send you photos of the icp map and idle speed and a few other graphs that you requested on this truck. The last time i talked to you it was when you sent me those tunes to fix a few items with the shift points and idling lopes after a hard pull after returning to idle. When i installed the (repaired) tunes it shifted a little better and still had no icp after returning to idle after a load was on the engine. You did tell me to let you know how this was running after the new tunes were installed and i did that is when you told me you would need the pics of the graphs from the IDS to kind of see where it was at when all this was happening.

After getting really poor fuel economy and the trans sliding into gear i had to go back to the other tuner not really wanting to but i honestly tried calling you several times and i know you all were having trouble getting e mails while this was going on so im sure thats why you didnt get the pics of the graphs. It has been so long since i had this tuner on the truck i don't remeber what the other issues were but i will hook up that tuner and drive it soon.

Like i said i kept trying to call and never got through to anyone. If you read my first post on here by no means am i trying to give you a bad image and i dont post on forums much i always do business over the phone or in person i was just using this as a last resort to contact you and im pretty sure i sent you a email back in august about this and never got a response. So i hope you can kinda see why i came back after Cory stated you would look into it and get back and i waited about a week and had no response.

After i run the tuner again this weekend i will try and contact you and hopefully get this resolved. Or you can contact me at hypo28968@yahoo.com
Thanks for your time
Jon