Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, February 16th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Double Whopper

axlehead is on a distinguished road
Default Computer Question

So I had to let my truck sit a while and in the meantime I disconnected the battery. Now I've since driven it a bit since smog is due soon. However it failed smog due to the computer not passing all it's obd tests. No codes or anything. I was told to drive it more. I was just curious since the tune eliminates the ford learning code if this was normal. Do I reflash the tune or just keep driving? Thanks!
Old Thu, February 16th, 2012, 11:09 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

This is more or less a question for Bill.....supposibly the p1000 is turned off when a custom tune is loaded......I don't know if the canned tunes will do this or not?

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, February 17th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Double Whopper

Yeah it isn't throwing the p1000 code that's what I thought was strange. However 2 separate smog shop computers said that the computer had not reset all of its obd values. I'm curious if reflashing my tune would fix it or not.
Old Sat, February 18th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Defense & Security PM...

Project Pat is on a distinguished road

I would assume that even with custom/canned tunes, you would still have to complete a full "drive cycle" in order for the PCM to fill in all values. The fact that the battery has been disconnected has certainly wiped all of the memory values that an emissions test checks for...

Just my $.02...
Old Fri, April 27th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Double Whopper

Alright so two months later and there is still 2 readiness monitors set to not ready. Driven 900 miles and taken it to 3 seperate shops. They all say everything is fine just to keep driving. I'm curious though since I have two more days before I can't drive it anymore. Would reflashing to the stock tune and then flashing back to the custom tune reset and fix these?
Old Fri, April 27th, 2012, 11:00 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Did the emissions place give you any idea what the ODB monitors were that didn't complete? That would be helpful in trying to figure out what we need to do to get the issue resolved.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, April 27th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Double Whopper

CAT, EVAP, and EGR.
Old Sat, April 28th, 2012, 02:14 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I've checked the tune and there is nothing in it that affects CAT, EVAP, or EGR, so if the system monitors are not clearing then there is actually a problem with the systems or you simply have not completed a proper drive cycle to reset all the monitors.

Please be sure to read this FAQ on the proper conditions for system monitor reset. It may help.

Power Hungry Performance Forum - FAQ: Ford F150 FAQs

You probably won't have access to the necessary scan-tool, but just do the best you can. The critical conditions are fuel level and engine temp. They must be followed pretty strictly or you're going to end up fighting the monitors.

Let me know if there's anything further we can help with.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Sat, April 28th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Double Whopper

I flashed it back to stock and somehow all but evap has cleared. Will flashing back to the custom tune reset these again? I'm allowed one not ready monitor but the p1000 will fail me. I know the custom tune removes the p1000. So if I flash it to remove the p1000 will the one not ready monitor remain the only not ready?
Old Sat, April 28th, 2012, 06:45 PM

Well, I could give you a "stock" with the P1000 removed and that should get you through emissions. However, I don't understand what could possibly be in the custom tuning that could have caused the problem you had resetting the monitors.

The P1000 should clear itself out shortly. Just DO NOT do a "Clear DTCs" as this will actually reset the P1000 again.

Let me know if we need to put a file together for you.

Take care.

(678) 890-1110