Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sat, July 4th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Man, my truck is still slooooooooooooowwwww...... I did a 0-60 run on 93 octane tune and got a 9.24. I have to try this again, can't be the best it can do. I ran a 1/4 too, but was watching for traffic coming up behind me and missed the green light, started with a reaction time of 1.33 ran a 17.0 @ 85 mph. My mom's Chevette ran better than that. Needless to say, I will definitely have to run it again. However, I can say that it certainly is running a hell of a lot stronger than it did stock and is stronger than the 87 performance I had done too. I just hate to think how slow it would have run stock, since it feels like you're pulling stumps on stock tuning.
However, I can say the average gas mileage on the Gryphon is showing a +1 MPG increase over the Edge tuning; and that is with the runs I made and a fair amount of stop and go driving, jumping on the gas a fair bit.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Sat, July 4th, 2009, 05:46 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

I played with some of my settings and got a 7.1 0-60 and a 16.4 at 83.7 mph in 1/4 mile. stock supercrew with the gryphon and 87 perf tune. Temp was +8 celcius. My reaction time was an embarrasing 1.5 I jumped the gun on the first run and wanted to be better on the 2nd...that didn't work either.
Old Sat, July 4th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Baconator

Kinda sad isn't it? How can we miss the lights so badly! These trucks are just so darn heavy though. My buddies old '68 Chevy w/ a 307 would smoke this thing. We tried doing some timed runs years ago, and he couldn't get a decent launch without totally lighting them up and was still over a second quicker. Like I said, my mom's Chevette was quicker. Granted it runs completely different now, the tunes actually make this truck enjoyable to drive, almost as if it lost 1500 lbs. of weight. It just needs a set of gears to help it overcome the weight.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Sun, July 5th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Whopper

Cleatis18 is on a distinguished road

The best 0-60 time I could muster is 9.04! :sadface: Hoping some custom tuning helps this out a bit.

08 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew
K&N 63 series CAI
MBRP Cool Duals Cat-Back Exhaust
Gryphon Programmer
Old Sat, July 18th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Whopper

Savagetwelve is on a distinguished road
Question

I tried a couple 0-60 runs today:

Stock: 12.1s
#3 Canned 93P: 10.6/10.7s
#2 Canned 87T: 10.5/10.4s
87T (WOT=160/Timing+1): 10.5/9.71/9.75s but was hitting rev limitor
87T (WOT=160/Timing+2/Rev 5350): 9.72s but was still hitting rev limitor

I have a 04 4.6L W/CAI and was told that the only program that I could used until I get my custom tunes was #2 87T
I am running 93 fuel!

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to improve on these numbers?
Also does #2 87T have a max speed & Revs that I shouldn't exceed?

04 STX- Magnaflow Exhaust, Roush Intake, 2" leveling kit, 33" Nitto Dune Grapplers, HID's, Gryphon (Waiting on 87/93 Tunes)
Old Sun, July 19th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Baconator

If acceleration and towing is more important than top speed and fuel mileage, then a set of gears would probably be the biggest help. If not, then I'd suggest more hard parts like headers, cams and such.

Personally, I'd like to be able to do all of that on my truck, but time and money dictate otherwise. Besides, the custom tunes have helped enough right now that I am pretty happy where I'm at until $ improves. All I'm hoping for right now is a set of gears since I haven't too many opportunities to get to open roads where I can really open it up.

Old Fri, July 24th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Whopper

Savagetwelve is on a distinguished road

I must have not been clear!
NOT by changing any parts but buy tweaking the 87 tow program to get the most out of it?
Without overloading the engine!
Has anyone adjusted their settings that resulted in a substantial improvement?

04 STX- Magnaflow Exhaust, Roush Intake, 2" leveling kit, 33" Nitto Dune Grapplers, HID's, Gryphon (Waiting on 87/93 Tunes)
Old Fri, August 21st, 2009, 08:13 PM
Whopper Junior

ren007 is on a distinguished road
Default times

I have 06 mark lt 5.4 with custom 87 performance tune and the gotts, the best I could do was 9.05s and 16.99 ( looking for a little better)
Is there a big weight difference between f150 4x4 screw and a mark lt?

Thanks
Old Sat, September 19th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road

8.60 with 3.73 gearing and 35's. Also have a CAI,exhaust,Efans, and gryphon was on 87 custom tuned. Not bad for a big ole ford!
Old Sun, October 11th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Whopper

bustintheirazz is on a distinguished road

Theres not a whole lot you can do with the gas engines as far as getting substantial hp gains. Another thing, the 0-60mph and the 1/4 times are inaccurate, meaning they have a quite large level of uncertainty. Just keep that in mind when you run these tests.