Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, September 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

jimmyv13 is on a distinguished road

I have the K&N drop-in with the Gott's mod...works fine with me and didn't cost me over 2 bills. There's not enough difference, drop-in vs the CAI, to warrant that kind of coin, IMO. The factory set up IS a CAI, just gets a bit restrictive as it goes through the fenderwell. It can be fixed with the Gotts mod and a good filter. No drone.

I borrowed the K&N FIPK 77 series for about an hour and gave it back happily to the owner. No thanks...the drone was bad, not TOO bad but more than my set up and I didn't feel ANY difference between my K&N drop-in with Gotts mod and his set up. Did his look better? Yeha, but did it perform better, not in my eyes. In the end, it's abviously your decision, but I strongly suggest dropping in a good filter and doing the Gotts mod and using the saved money from the CAI savings to get custom tunes from PHP.