Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Tue, June 30th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Double Whopper

NHRA6002 is on a distinguished road

Have tried calling but never an answer.
Old Tue, June 30th, 2009, 11:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA6002 View Post
Have tried calling but never an answer.
It seems Corey tried to email you. Are you blocking her messages with your spam blocker? When you call, do you have "call blocking" in place so they can't see your number?

If the answer to either of these questions is "yes", that's why you aren't getting any satisfaction.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, June 30th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Double Whopper

I guess I had the spam blocker on Is there anyway those messages will get to me or do they have to be sent again?
Old Thu, July 2nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Double Whopper

Default Help?

Well I have tried calling, no answer. I tried to send an Email but it comes back that I can't sent to Groovy Chick. I hope I am not going to run out of time to get my request in for Monroe WA.
Old Thu, July 2nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA6002 View Post
Well I have tried calling, no answer. I tried to send an Email but it comes back that I can't sent to Groovy Chick. I hope I am not going to run out of time to get my request in for Monroe WA.
I don't know where the breakdown in communication is happening?

I give you their emergency # 678-517-3849
Leave vmail if they don't answer with all your info!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, July 2nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Every once in awhile, an e-mail gets blocked because of our security wall. Not sure why one without an attachment would, but I'm glad that it gave you a bounceback message!

We'll be calling you tomorrow or over the weekend to talk about your truck, see when you'll be in WA, etc. You're definitely on the schedule.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Whopper

npccpartsman is on a distinguished road

I know that there is a new strategy out for the newer trucks (05 and up), but what about the older trucks. My strategy is a VXBC9N8 and I was wondering if I could go backwards on my FICM to a TBS6 or get the inductive heating removed from my FSM8. I don't need another FICM failure as this is our only vehicle and it has to run daily. My production date is 10/03, but I don't really want to go back to that strategy. The truck is modded, but not extremely. Can you help?

One more question--SCT related. If I had my new FICM flashed by Ford but didn't unlock my SCT after the new flash, it doesn't have the ability to change the strategy does it?

Last edited by npccpartsman; Wed, August 12th, 2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm... I could speculate, but it would be just that. Definitely some questions for Bill to answer. He's out of the office all day tuning, and I already have a quite a list to keep him busy when he returns, so it might not be until tomorrow that he can get to your post. I'll actually put it on the list, though, so it doesn't get over looked.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Whopper

npccpartsman is on a distinguished road

I got the strategy question about the SCT answered, but I'd really like to know if Bill can go backwards to the TBS6 flash or remove the inductive heating from the FSM8. Not that I wouldn't love to try his hybrid FICM flash, but I'm running ID tuning and I don't know if that would be as compatible. ID is 7-10 days out on a FICM flash and this is our only vehicle, so if he can help me it'll be UPS NXA in and back to me, at my expense of course. If you can get the info from Bill I'll just give you a call one afternoon and maybe we can talk about tunes to go with the FICM flash.
Old Wed, August 12th, 2009, 11:06 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by npccpartsman View Post
I got the strategy question about the SCT answered, but I'd really like to know if Bill can go backwards to the TBS6 flash or remove the inductive heating from the FSM8. Not that I wouldn't love to try his hybrid FICM flash, but I'm running ID tuning and I don't know if that would be as compatible. ID is 7-10 days out on a FICM flash and this is our only vehicle, so if he can help me it'll be UPS NXA in and back to me, at my expense of course. If you can get the info from Bill I'll just give you a call one afternoon and maybe we can talk about tunes to go with the FICM flash.
Just to clarify, you are confusing the ECM calibrations (TBS6, FSM8) with a FICM strategy. ECMs do not handle the inductive heating, which is controlled entirely in the FICM.

To answer your question, we can reflash the PCM, TCM and/or FICM to any strategy you desire, including reversion to an earlier (non-inductive) FICM strategy.

Hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!