Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Fri, December 17th, 2010, 12:35 AM
shooterg22

Default Towed to shop-bad FICM

I had my 2005 F250 6.0 towed to a local shop after it failed to start. Tested it and discovered the FICM is bad. The mechanic had a "new" (Ford remanufactured) FICM brought to him yesterday without asking me and was going to take it to the dealer to flash. I want to send it to you but he is unhappy about the fact that my non-running truck is in a bay in his shop while I mess around "hopping up my truck" (it is stock except an Edge Juice). Can I get the FICM sent to you now to arrive Monday when you are back in the office and how long will it take you to flash it and send it back? Thanks for the help! I need my truck back ASAP so my kid can make her 4H horse meetings.
Old Fri, December 17th, 2010, 03:48 AM
tech man

StripperDJ is on a distinguished road

This will probaly get moved, but i will respond here.. WIth bill being out vacation, if you need your truck asap,let the tech that has your truckgo ahead and do his thing then set a appointment with php that way they know your ficm is coming in and noone is caught of guard just in cause.. This way you got truck as you have stated.
Old Fri, December 17th, 2010, 07:20 AM
shooterg22

What is "go ahead and do his thing"? I don't have the money to pay Ford to flash it, then have it done again by PHP, if that is what you meant (and I sure don't have $400 to do the remote thing). I would like it done right the first time, which is why I was inquiring as to whether I could get it mailed in now; that way I could cut about 3 days off of the turnaround time rather than wait until Monday to contact PHP, then mail it in. How can I set an appointment when there is no one in the office? That is why I posted here, because I have a disabled truck that I need to get fixed so I have a vehicle to drive. I just need to know if I can send it now. I filled out the online form last night but I cannot get the shipping label to print. Thank you for your help.
Old Fri, December 17th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Where are you at in idaho?
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Fri, December 17th, 2010, 11:20 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterg22 View Post
What is "go ahead and do his thing"? I don't have the money to pay Ford to flash it, then have it done again by PHP, if that is what you meant (and I sure don't have $400 to do the remote thing). I would like it done right the first time, which is why I was inquiring as to whether I could get it mailed in now; that way I could cut about 3 days off of the turnaround time rather than wait until Monday to contact PHP, then mail it in. How can I set an appointment when there is no one in the office? That is why I posted here, because I have a disabled truck that I need to get fixed so I have a vehicle to drive. I just need to know if I can send it now. I filled out the online form last night but I cannot get the shipping label to print. Thank you for your help.

Moved to FICM reprogramming forum.

Brad was simply telling you that since Bill has been on vacation for the past week that it is VERY unlikely that you will get your FICM back in a timely matter. Just because the office hasn't been open doesn't mean that orders have stopped coming in. There are likely 100+ orders that have arrived since Thursday afternoon (the 8th) and there will be a lot of "catch up" going on for the next couple of weeks.

Yes, your vehicle is disabled and we all hate when that happens as we have all been there. But the "disabled" part, while important, is not due to a product failure on our part. We try to reserve the "emergency" section to any problems with our products.

The remote FICM reflash IS NOT $400. The reflash is $150....you get your $250 deposit back when we get the programmer back from you. I hate to hear that your truck is not running, but the easiest and fastest method to just get it back on the road is to have Ford flash the new one for you. Yes, it is an immediate expense, but if you want to have your truck running within the next few days, it is something that will have to happen.
Old Fri, December 17th, 2010, 02:52 PM
shooterg22

Wow! Don't know if I inadvertantly stepped on some toes or it is just the holiday season! I wasn't bashing on anyone for moving the post, I was simply saying that I posted it here because it said "disabled vehicles", not disabled because of your software problems. I was also not expecting to get it back in a day's time and I understand that I am not the first in line; I was simply asking for information (an ETA on getting it back and a shipping address) to see if it was even possible for me to explore this option.
My comment about the $400 was because in order to put a deposit down, you have to have it. Therefore, it requires $400 to get your remote programmer. Will you send it to me if I pay the $150 that I have and promise the $250 if it gets damaged? I doubt it.
I was not trying to whine, and yes, everyone has breakdowns, but I am a single mother on one income. What I said, (but you obviously took me wrong) was that I can only afford to have this done once. If I have to take it to the dealer, I will not be able to afford to have the PHP (or any other) flash done. That is why I wanted it done right the first time.

Jeremy, the truck is in Caldwell (west of Boise).
Old Fri, December 17th, 2010, 03:29 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I apologize for coming off a bit brash. I misinterpreted your initial post and didn't know how to make out your second one (in response to Brad) so my response was a bit defensive. It's a bit difficult to hear voice inflection and read body language over typed text.

To more specifically answer your questions:

The FICM reflash from PHP can be done (normally) with a 48 hour turn-around. After the week of vacation, I would expect a full week for turn around as orders are processed.

You can send the FICM out any time. There is an order form here: https://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hung...ure_index.html

and a shipping form here:
http://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hungr...060/index.html

You can opt to ship the FICM by whatever means you would like and you can request to have the FICM shipped back to you using any number of time options. The crew will be back on Monday for normal business.

The shipping address is:
Power Hungry Performance
754 Michael Drive
Winder, GA 30680

You would be correct in your suspicion that the refundable deposit would have to be charged first. I wasn't sure if you were aware of the refundable deposit and were confused about the service price.
Old Fri, December 17th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

I have a couple of spare PHP programmed FICMs here in Utah, but I don't think it will help you out, in your time frame. If you were closer I could meet you and trade FICMs. Then you could just pay the shipping and programming on your FICM and have it shipped back to me, since you'd already have one(Mine).

I wish you were closer.

Jeremy
Old Sat, December 18th, 2010, 05:32 PM
shooterg22

Jeremy, thank you very much for your offer and I appreciate it greatly! I did get the Ford one from my mechanic so it is ready to ship off to PHP. I talked him into pulling my truck back out of his shop and a fellow 4H'er offered to haul my daughter's horse to practices so I managed to buy a little more time.

Cody, I wasn't intending to offend anyone by my posts and kind of felt like I was getting jumped about posting where I shouldn't have. I tried calling what appears to be your number before posting in that spot but due to the disabled state of my vehicle, I had to make a decision quickly on which way to go so I could let the mechanic know before he fixed it his way. I didn't understand what Brad was saying and honestly, after the posts from both of you, felt like I just didn't have enough money to be important. I understand that you do a lot of high-dollar business because you guys are one of the best at what you do, but I work hard for my money too and my $150 comes just as hard as your other clients' $2000. I did know that they 250 was a refundable deposit but it is rather embarassing to admit that I don't have enough to have enjoy the mobile services your company offers.
I appreciate the shipping address. I have already filled out the other two forms and will get it in the mail first thing Monday morning to you guys. Thank you very much for your help! I (and a friend that inadvertently got his 04 flashed by the dealer) look forward to seeing what the difference will be (he does have the money to do the remote programming, lol).
Old Sat, December 18th, 2010, 06:00 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Shooter, I think we're all on the same wavelength at this point, and I (personally) thank you for being so forthcoming with your situation. I could see why Cody initially responded the way he did and am sure that no one is offended at all now.

I'm confident that PHP will do their best to get you back in business. Trust me, most of us have to think a bit before we plunk down $150 on anything! I'm also confident that Bill and Corey will consider YOU just as important as the (few) folks who have $2000 to burn.

I think the sad fact is, our trucks cost a fair bit of change to maintain, and, if we try to "improve" them, it's going to cost a bit more. So far, I haven't had the "$1500 failure" I've had on previous vehicles, but I suspect it's only a matter of time.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer