Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, November 4th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Chris

buzzfx4 is on a distinguished road
Default Need Some Help Night Owls...Trouble codes

So on my way home from work my check engine light came on. I pulled off and turned off the truck. I used my gryphon to check for codes and it picked up two. The first on was a P1000: OBD system readiness test not complete and a P1233: Fuel pump driver module disabled or off line. This is what the programer told me which I'm not quiet sure what the first code means but the second one I would have to guess is a fuel sending unit ether an injector or at the fuel pump. The thing is, truck was idling normally and there was no funky or raw fuel smell from the exhaust before I shut it off. There might have been some loss of power while pulling over but not enough for me to notice then.

Since I couldn't come up with any hard evidence to not try to make it home and it was 10:30 at night, I put the programer back to stock, cleared the codes gave it a second and started it up. Everything started fine not check engine light, nothing. I finished the last 24 miles with no problem. I got home, shut it down, did a walk around listening for any excessive pinging from the cats which there was none. No visual problems or audio clues or smells. I got back into the truck started it up again and it through the codes again. Not sure how I drove 24 miles at highways speeds with no problems to get home and have the truck site for 5 min and then through a code on start up.

Any suggestions on what the codes mean and what to do will be helpful,
I have an early start in the morning and need the truck but don't want to cause more damage.
Thank you,
Old Thu, November 5th, 2009, 12:02 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

A p1000 is a drive cycle code. Nothing you can do about this one except drive the truck and it will clear itself.
The second one p1233? Gotta think on that one.
What tune were you running?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Last edited by 88Racing; Thu, November 5th, 2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old Thu, November 5th, 2009, 12:55 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Read this:http://www.f150online.com/forums/chi...-off-line.html
Hope this helps!
Lars

Last edited by 88Racing; Thu, November 5th, 2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old Thu, November 5th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Chris

Lars
Thanks for the link and the help. I'm going to try and run down the possible location on the truck thats shorting out the circuit this weekend. Do you see any harm in using the truck while the codes are still showing up? I know I run the risk of getting stranded and a possible fuse shortage but the truck is running with no problems and not having any other means of getting to work puts me kind of stuck in a hard spot. I just don't know what the module does completely and if it fails, I don't want to cause myself to fix something more then the $90 it would cost to replace the module.

O, yea. I was running my 93 custom performance tune at the time. I also tried reseting the fuel shut off switch in the truck and cleared the codes and for a while the codes were not coming up. But what ever it is, its not the fuel shut off because the codes came back on my way home today.

once again thanks
Old Fri, November 6th, 2009, 06:15 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

I guess you won't find out what it is until you get under the truck.
IMO You probably won't get stranded but there is always that chance, even with a "NEW" vehicle.
Really check the wires and connectors.
You gotta do what you gotta do.
Lars

Last edited by 88Racing; Fri, November 6th, 2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old Sat, November 7th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Chris

So I got a chance to get under the truck. I dropped the spare and started from the back. First think I looked at was the module it self. Turns out that the back of it is cracked from one coner to the opposite corner. I'm taking it as this is the problem. I'm going to replace it and see where I'm at wih the new module installed. Just wait on the part from ford.

Thanks Lars for the support.
Old Sat, November 7th, 2009, 10:40 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

No problem!
I am glad you found the time to find the problem!
That's what we are here for>>>to help to provide the resources so you can diagnose the problem.

Lars