Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

04FX4 is on a distinguished road
Default Spark plugs..

Ok so my 04F150 FX4 is going in on Tuesday to have the plugs changed. I have 35,000KHM and Ford says to change them at 100,000K. I called the dealer and he said the longer the sit the harder it will be to remove them and more chance they may break.I can understand that but after they install them when is the next time I will need to change them. I was going to do it myself, but for the $211 labour for the tune up its not worth the stress of me doing it.So what are all of you doing how often are you changing them, so that there is no major problems???????
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road

Spend the mony on Brisk spark plugs. They're the only ones I've had any luck with in my 12 second DD Mustang, and I've gone through a LOT of plugs in that thing (took me a while to find the proper gap for my boost level). The Brisk plugs are a one-piece design so you never have to worry about them breaking in the head. You should get 100,000K easily running those plugs with no worries of breaking one off if you do decide to change them again. I get mine on www.Brenspeed.com. You should have absolutely no issues pulling the stock plugs out at 35K, I would save your money and do it yourself, as it takes 30 minutes if you are mechanically inclined enough to change your own oil.
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hey 04FX4 -- check out this thread. It might help.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road

Here's a link that explains more...I believe the procedure for lessening the chance of breakage is in there too...

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...g-problem.html
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:34 PM

I know I could do the job I just dont want to take the chance of breaking one. The thing that bothers me is that it needs to be done sooner then 100000k to make it less likely of breaking
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Dixie Design just changed his -- with NO breakage! It CAN be done.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 10:15 PM

I hope that fords new plugs are a 1 piece plug.
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 10:23 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

But, it's a worry isn't it? And the one hidden way back on the passenger side - sheesh! Dixie's had pretty much highway miles as I remember. That is thought (by some) to reduce the carbon buildup that binds the plug nose and causes the thing to break.

What kind of driving do you do?

I've seen good posts and not so good posts about the Brisk plugs in the forums I haunt. I've also seen a lot of negative press in them about Champion plugs (also one-piece). I can't make up my mind which way to jump either. My truck has 50K on it, so I think I can wait a bit and see what falls out of the trees.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 10:39 PM

I too should wait( but damn )I just dont want to take a chance. As far as the driving not much looking at the Ks. I drive about maybe 14k a day to work on a highway, I service my truck every 4000 KHms, I tow a trailer in the summer,and you average usual stuff.
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Whopper

blackfx4ny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04FX4 View Post
I drive about maybe 14k a day to work on a highway
Wow, you must drive really, really fast. Just busting your chops. I'm pretty sure you mean 14k a year.