Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 07:00 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Would a mass letter writing campaign help change their mind and force them to redesign the plug or it just is just a waste of time?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

04FX4 is on a distinguished road

I would think it would be a waste of time.
Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I agree, it IS a waste of time. Ford is well aware of the problem and they've known about it for years. As long as it won't cause the engine to blow up and kill someone, they're not going to fix it.

It's possible that someone like a Ralph Nader could have forced them to issue a recall and install redesigned, one-piece plugs, but you and I are not going to get anywhere.

Look how they're treating the known problem with the fuel injectors. They won't issue a recall even though they know there is a potential for severe engine damage. I will acknowledge, however, that they say they WILL repair any damage caused by an injector on their dime, as long as it happens before what, 100K or 10 years?

- Jack
Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Whopper

austinrhea is on a distinguished road

I just called the dealership in Garland, Texas yesterday to ask about my 2005 F-150 getting a tune at 60,000 miles. I was quoted $490 for the tune and $172 for each broken plug. I then informed him I had the Ford EXP Extended Warranty for 75,000 miles and he looked it up and said the broken plugs would be covered by it. I would only assume that the plugs would be covered by the original warranty also.
Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 08:52 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinrhea View Post
I just called the dealership in Garland, Texas yesterday to ask about my 2005 F-150 getting a tune at 60,000 miles. I was quoted $490 for the tune and $172 for each broken plug. I then informed him I had the Ford EXP Extended Warranty for 75,000 miles and he looked it up and said the broken plugs would be covered by it. I would only assume that the plugs would be covered by the original warranty also.
Probably true, but the OP's truck was a 2004 model, which puts it beyond warranty due to age, regardless of miles.

- Jack
Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road

http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=15814

Check it out, guys...one-piece design, you don't need the $25 tool to gap them (anyone want to buy mine? Don't need it for the 'Stang anymore...), and you'll never have to worry about replacing them when/if the time comes. For the 08.5 models they have redesigned the heads to eliminate the "long plug" design, but for the rest of us, Brisk is as good as it gets.

EDIT: They make up to 2 heat ranges colder than stock for you F/I guys.
Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 05:56 PM

I am just happy I did not get ripped off. They could have charged more but did not because they also no it was a bad design. My friend has a 07 FX4 same as mine , he made a appointment same day as mine and they didnt break any of his, the lucky bastard.
Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 10:33 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Any problems with the brisk plug? Missfires?
I have read not to stray from motorcraft.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, February 18th, 2009, 10:41 PM

My dealer told me they have had a few problems with other brands miss firring he named a couple brands but not all.
Old Thu, February 19th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Buddy of mine had an AWFUL experience with Bosch plugs in his F150.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds