Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, December 30th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Junior Coal Deamon

nosmokestack is on a distinguished road
Question tranny issues

Ordered ecm and fim reprogramming.
Within the weeks before I received the remote programming module decided that it was time to have the trans rebuilt. Every once in a while it would hesitate from 3 to 4 and I didn't want to go over the winter thinking I was going to have proplems. Tranny guy said no problem fixing. New clutches and a direct drive solenoid.
5 weeks later after a week of driving on the new ficm and ecm calibrations I still don't have my truck back. Didn't know if the ecm should have been postponed until after I had the trans done.
Is there a possibility that the rollback could have caused any issues????

04' F-250 5" MBRP turbo back w/6" Tip 3.5" Down pipe, S&B CAI, S&B intake elbow, Swamps 58v FICM, Garrett Powermax Turbo, ARP Headstuds, FASS Platinum pump, Driven Diesel regulated return, EGR block, ATS Billet Torque Converter, Trans-Go Reprograming kit, Edge CS programmer, FICM Reprogramimg, ECM Rollback. 20" Diamo 8 Karat wheels
Old Tue, January 10th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Junior Coal Deamon

nosmokestack is on a distinguished road

FINALLY!!! Got my truck back today. turns out there there was a problem in the solenoid body causing all of the problems from the get go.
After new clutches and steels, shift kit, final drive solenoid, and the upgraded TQ converter that i wanted, the origional problem kept coming back. Everything with line pressures and all other readings came out within specs. Only thing he could think of after making sure that there wasn't a bad part out of the box, was that the solienoid body must be letting fluid leak by. Installed new solenoid body- everything came started working like a dream. Love the way it shifts and the improved turbo lag with the billet TQ converter. Trucks like a whole new beast! Now on to decide the next improvement!

04' F-250 5" MBRP turbo back w/6" Tip 3.5" Down pipe, S&B CAI, S&B intake elbow, Swamps 58v FICM, Garrett Powermax Turbo, ARP Headstuds, FASS Platinum pump, Driven Diesel regulated return, EGR block, ATS Billet Torque Converter, Trans-Go Reprograming kit, Edge CS programmer, FICM Reprogramimg, ECM Rollback. 20" Diamo 8 Karat wheels