Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Thu, April 5th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Whopper Junior

cdelap is on a distinguished road
Default Still Setting CEL with EGR Codes

I started by talking to Edge about 8 months ago and was unsure how far I really would go with mods to my truck. after multiple conversations I ended up buying the EDGE CTS Racing editon, this would allow me to at least install the EGR delete. Well last night I finally finished it up (with a new 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust as well) Hopped in the truck reprogrammed it, telling it that I now have a EGR Blocker and started it up. I was getting a P0403 and P0405 code so I cleared them took a quick drive and on start up they came back. I called the EDGE tech support they told me to update the device and that would correct my problem. After a hour long update, it didn't fix the problem. The next Tech I spoke with told me that my CTS Racing would not remove the codes for a 6.0 diesel. I spoke with PHP a couple months ago about a mail tune and decided to hold off till I knew how far I was going since I had the racing unit and could remove the EGR with out a CEL

So after this long story, has anyone else had this problem? does anyone know what the next thing I should try is?

Thanks for all the help, I have spend alot of time reading on the forum and appreciate all the knowledge that has been shared!!
Old Thu, April 5th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Whopper Junior

cdelap is on a distinguished road

Just spoke with Edge, they said I have to leave the Valve in place even if it is blocked off, can anyone else tell me if this is true, I am putting in for a few tunes, but know they will be 4-6 weeks out, also will the tunes be able to turn the light off?
Old Fri, June 8th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Whopper

Cajunrgfm is on a distinguished road

Cant help you much with zero info, i've done many 6.0 rebuilds and egr deletes, in general '05 up trucks will throw the cel, '03-04 wont, just the codes, for cel, yes, remove the blockoff plate, stick the valve back in and plug, the light will go out. The valve wont do anything, but the computer thinks it is. When asking mechanical questions your info is critical, including the last 8 digits of vin#, especially a psd, there Are 3 critical factorymods/changes on 6.0's that date of manf. Dictates your engine arrangement.
Old Fri, June 8th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Whopper

Basically, if your truck was built 23/9/04, it will toss a cel w/egr delete
Old Fri, June 8th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Whopper

Cant edit a post ?? Sorry if your truck was built post 23/9/04