Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Thu, September 16th, 2010, 07:43 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Post away. I've gotten much more in detail than that.

Wanna know why the SOI map does that?

Take a look at the desired ICP map and ask yourself what ICP does to the start of combustion event depending on pressure.
Old Thu, September 16th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Double Whopper

Shaw is on a distinguished road

hmm, since you brought that up, Ive been wanting to ask. Why the drop in the middle of desired ICP map? Does it have to do with the stock hpop not being able to handle it?
Old Thu, September 16th, 2010, 09:06 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Old Thu, September 16th, 2010, 11:34 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

LOL.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Take a look at the desired ICP map and ask yourself what ICP does to the start of combustion event depending on pressure.

When I raise or ramp up the ICP I will try and drop SOI a degree or two in those ranges because of its affect on SOC.

Based off the stock SOI map it appears that they are dropping close to 10 degrees. Is this drop ALL because of ICP, or could some of it be for turbo spool?
Old Fri, September 17th, 2010, 05:54 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

I certainly wouldn't worry about dropping the base SOI map due to ICP changes.

I'm stupid-conservative when it comes to my SOI. I smooth out the map and give it a nice, flowing look which will raise the map ever-so slightly right in the center but lowers it a little in others......just so it looks like a smooth, rolling wave. As far as values go, none of them are changed more than 2 degrees in either direction.
Old Fri, September 17th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Double Whopper

First off I like to know about the fritos dip - is it any good?

Next why wouldn't the map look like this? HPOP is my guess.

When I run it with this map It doesn't seem to have any problems but I do have big oil?
Old Fri, September 17th, 2010, 07:58 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

You can run it all day like that on a stock pump too. But really, there's no need; maybe HPOP may not be able to keep up....or because Ford wanted to do it for other reasons.

The desired ICP map is based on mass fuel desired and RPM.

Here's an exercise for you (do this in your head while looking at the map).

From an idle, punch the accelerator pedal.
MFD is above 70
RPM starts at <700

Where is ICP?

What do we know about the relationship of ICP and injector pulse width for a given MFD?
(Hint: check the pulse width map)

Now, using the ICP map, pulse width map, and any given MFD, you can figure out what is happening when you replace that drop with a straight line.

Bonus points for showing work......
Old Fri, September 17th, 2010, 08:02 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Oh, and bean dip is THE BOMB.....

Both when you eat it and also a few hours later!
Old Fri, September 17th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Double Whopper

Well it depends on what bin I look at. If its one that Bill wrote, it would hold the PW thru the dip, if its the stock bin then you would drop PW for a short period thru the dip. Am I seeing this correctly?

(Ill pass on the bonus points for now)
Old Fri, September 17th, 2010, 11:13 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Here's an exercise for you (do this in your head while looking at the map).

From an idle, punch the accelerator pedal.
MFD is above 70
RPM starts at <700

Where is ICP?

3045 ICP

What do we know about the relationship of ICP and injector pulse width for a given MFD?

As ICP increases - PW decreases

Now, using the ICP map, pulse width map, and any given MFD, you can figure out what is happening when you replace that drop with a straight line.

PW never increases, instead just stays steady.

Bonus points for showing work......
Here ya go.......

Pretty sure I missed something though, too early for all this thinking.