Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Tue, April 10th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Whopper Junior

AZTriton is on a distinguished road
Default Resurrecting this thread on OBD & Emissions

Maybe it's something with PHP tuned F-150 FX4's in Chandler, AZ but I'm having a hell of a time getting the drive cycle on my truck to be complete so I can get my emissions test done (and the state says this is the ONLY test for 1996 & newer vehicles...)
The first time I took my truck for testing, I don't think the PCM had been reset since I upgraded my EVO to a Gryphon (at least 6 months) but my system was 'NOT READY'. I reset to stock... maybe not the best decision but since my system had not been reset in a long time, sounded logical (was on the performance custom tune). I drove it at stock for 200 miles (almost all highway which is annoying since my 35" tires cause the speedo to read way low all the time) and went back and it was still not ready. I've been driving it on and off (it's not my daily driver) and even bought a scan tool. No DTC's, nothing abnormal... still not ready: EVAP, Catalyst & EGR still "incomplete". Went out and did a drive cycle for these monitors this past weekend and still "incomplete". I guess I'll have to spend money and have the dealer look at it... can't even get the EGR monitor to execute which is a pretty simple exercise of accelerating 0 to 45 at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle 3 times. Pretty annoying!

Last edited by AZTriton; Tue, April 10th, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old Tue, April 10th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

If you still have any canned tunes, they'll fix the drive cycle issue. If that doesn't work then I'd say there is something funny going on with the systems in question.