Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Latest News

Latest News Stay up to date with what's going on.

Old Mon, July 11th, 2011, 09:01 PM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

Lowdown89 is on a distinguished road
Default Edge and super chips letter

Hey guys I just saw this letter from edge? How is this going to effect you guys with the gryphons and what not?

Edge Products and Superchips have been, and continue to be, proud supporters of competitive diesel motorsports across the United States and Canada. We proudly support and sponsor organizations such as NHRDA and NADM that promote legal racing and diesel competition in cities and towns all across North America. Despite our continued support of diesel motorsports, we have made the strategic decision to discontinue our Edge Racing and Superchips Racing products effective immediately. We will not accept new orders for Edge and Superchips Racing products as of July 12, 2011.

Edge Products and Superchips will no longer offer for sale Edge Racing and Superchips Racing-branded diesel, tuning products in the United States. Unfortunately, we believe a portion of dealers and consumers are exploiting the intended use of these products which has a negative impact on the future of this industry.

Prior to launching the Edge Racing and Superchips Racing brands, we undertook numerous preventive measures to ensure all dealers and consumers clearly understood the intended use of these products. In spite of our best efforts, we have concluded that these policies are not adequate to assure abuse is prevented. We have performed an exhaustive review of these measures, including numerous conversations with regulatory agencies such as EPA and CARB, in order to try to devise an effective way whereby we can assure ‘Racing’ products are used as intended. Based on our review, at this time, we do not believe there are adequate prevention measures available to the industry which provide those assurances.

We strongly encourage, for the long-term health of our industry, that all distributors, dealers and consumers of these or similar products made by other companies cease selling any electronic tuning product that contains the ability to disable any emissions system for late-model diesel trucks including (but not limited to) the DPF system, EGR system and Urea (exhaust fluid) injection. Per federal and state regulations, any registered vehicle is required to maintain its emissions systems unless it is used strictly and solely for racing. Unfortunately, even with the exhaustive, preventive measures we have taken, we do not feel it is possible to completely prevent abuse.

We have strong reason to believe all companies that continue to engage in the business of manufacturing, distributing, or selling these kinds of products in the United States will be subject to enforcement action from both the United States EPA and the California Air Resources Board. In the future, if we are able to devise a way to prevent abuse, we hope to re-establish the Edge Racing and Superchips Racing brands.

Below is a list/table that constitutes all Edge and Superchips Racing part numbers that will be immediately discontinued. The table below also identifies the appropriate street-legal replacement part number for the same application. All listed replacement parts can be found on the CARB Products in Progress list and either have been or will be tested for legal street use in the United States. If you have any questions, or would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our contact information is included below for your convenience.
Old Mon, July 11th, 2011, 10:30 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

You know what I say?

"Good."

It may sound a bit crazy, but even though I am completely against ANY kind of emission control system because they usually cause higher levels of pollutants that aren't being controlled (like EGR; let's trade oxides of nitrogen for higher levels of hydrocarbons), I have always felt like the "for racing only" disclaimers were crap anyway. Yes, getting rid of the particulate filters and EGR systems on newer diesels DOES make them more fuel efficient, but at the same time, the vehicle was designed for those systems.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Tue, July 12th, 2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old Mon, July 11th, 2011, 10:42 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

This is what Bill wrote at "The Nation" just a few minutes after my post:

PowerStrokeNation - View Single Post - Edge & Superchips Racing Letter
Old Mon, July 11th, 2011, 10:44 PM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

Lowdown89 is on a distinguished road

Well
Old Sun, July 24th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Double Whopper

superdutynick is on a distinguished road

I just went to their site, and I can still order.
Old Tue, July 26th, 2011, 09:39 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdutynick View Post
I just went to their site, and I can still order.
I don't see any "Racing" products on their site. You can still register existing ones, but that is only to support customers with existing products.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, July 26th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Double Whopper

superdutynick is on a distinguished road

So this doesn't affect the CS or CTS? From reading it I thought they were going to discontinue all tuners/programers.
Old Tue, July 26th, 2011, 11:36 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdutynick View Post
So this doesn't affect the CS or CTS? From reading it I thought they were going to discontinue all tuners/programers.
Oh, heck no. They just discontinuing the "Racing" product line. (The DPF delete stuff.)

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!