Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Tue, November 6th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Whopper Junior

jtbenfie is on a distinguished road
Default Have FICM programmer/ECM rollback...ficm is dieing.

I bought the gryphon FICM tuner and had Bill rollback my ECM not long ago. Now that it is getting colder(especially this morning) my ficm voltage is dropping BAD. After checking out my batteries, and alternator and watching the FICM voltage, Im sure its the FICM going bad.

I can get a new one thru a friend who works at the local ford dealer cheap, and I have another friend with an IDS that can program it, but....

Is it going to erase/write over/try to update my PCM when I install and program the new FICM? Will my FICM tuner still work as long as I return the old FICM to stock before I change them out?

Thanks
Josh
Old Wed, November 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

See Comments in Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbenfie View Post

I bought the gryphon FICM tuner and had Bill rollback my ECM not long ago. Now that it is getting colder(especially this morning) my ficm voltage is dropping BAD. After checking out my batteries, and alternator and watching the FICM voltage, Im sure its the FICM going bad.

I can get a new one thru a friend who works at the local ford dealer cheap, and I have another friend with an IDS that can program it, but....

Is it going to erase/write over/try to update my PCM when I install and program the new FICM? Will my FICM tuner still work as long as I return the old FICM to stock before I change them out? Yes, IDS will reprogram the PCM when it programs the FICM. Here is what i would do, return your old FICM to stock, get the new FICM and have your buddy at the ford dealer program it on another truck at the dealer. Afterall its a 6.0, odds are pretty good there will be another one in there getting work done on it. It wont matter what year it it. Have him program it on another truck and remove it and install it in yours after. Then reprogram it with your FICM programer.

my $.02

Thanks
Josh
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Thu, November 8th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Whopper Junior

jtbenfie is on a distinguished road

thats a good idea...probably should have done that.

After thinking about it and having the new ficm(which turned out to be a rebuild) in my hands, my curiousity got the best of me. I took it apart, figured out that the power side of the board is completely seperate from the electronic side. I just swapped out the dc/dc board into my old FICM and it works great. Come to find out DORAM sells just the power board by itself now.

My truck runs even better. AFter my PCM tuner, the FICM tuner, ECM rollback, Repaired FICM, and fuel regulator upgrade, this thing runs amazing! It idles so much quieter. I can leave the truck running at the drive thru. That was impossible a few weeks ago. Its got almost too much power. Need to start saving for a clutch....I can make the current one slip on the higher power levels