Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > Events

Events If you have a truck/automotive event happening in your area, please let everyone know.

Old Tue, April 14th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Double Whopper

NHRA6002 is on a distinguished road
Who's going to SEMA?

We need a thread to see who is going and maybe plan a get together/party.
Can we buy passes through PHP?
Where is E1 staying, etc.
Old Tue, April 14th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

We will probably be staying at New York, New York or the Excalibur. I just haven't checked out prices yet, but I'm sure NYNY will throw something our way.

I'm not sure about passes, but I can check. They were very different this year when it came to registering... I had to practically give over a blood sample and my first born to prove we were who we claimed to be -- and we're SEMA members! They've made it very clear that only certain industries are welcome. For example, U-Line -- they manufacture boxes -- aren't allowed even though they're product is used by MOST retailers. Weird. Wonder why they've clamped down?

I think we'll be arriving on Sunday and leaving on Thursday. Pretty sure.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, April 14th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Double Whopper

We're booked in at the Orleans along with 2 other couples for Sunday to Friday. Other couples have never been to Vegas.

Can't waite
Old Tue, April 14th, 2009, 10:26 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
That's one event I still dream about going to but never had the opportunity. Heard it's a great time!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 12:08 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Corey are you guys doing a booth at SEMA? I know its a trade only event
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

I will be there...having trouble with my registrastion as well. I live here so even if they clamp down so hard I cannot get registered I will still meet up with all of you guys
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
Corey are you guys doing a booth at SEMA? I know its a trade only event
Nope. Don't have the money NOR the inclination! Even if we had the money to be an exhibitor, we wouldn't. Much more fun to go as a spectator. We also have the boys to consider... nobody under 16 can get in. As it is, we'll either take turns -- Billy on Tuesday and me on Wednesday -- or we'll get a sitter for one of the days and both go together. We've never lived around family or anything, so we're used to Liam and Wil always going with us everywhere. We're even considering purchasing a travel trailer this summer to make road trips easier!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 04:40 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Well I would be interested in going if ya can score me a ticket!
Maybe I can talk the wife into taking a few days off and coming out that way for a vacation... Actually there is a remote possibility of my wife taking a teaching job in LV in the fall... I hear you about the travel trailer... We have my mother-in-laws 36 ft winnebago RV but want a travel trailer that we can pull with the excursion instead. Trouble is that mother in law is upside down on the RV loan still... and the refrigeration coil is out in the fridge so that is $600 to replace...
It is really nice for long trip as you can just stop anywhere to eat, sleep, potty and diaper changes etc..
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Tue, April 21st, 2009, 05:58 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
We will probably be staying at New York, New York or the Excalibur. I just haven't checked out prices yet, but I'm sure NYNY will throw something our way.

I'm not sure about passes, but I can check. They were very different this year when it came to registering... I had to practically give over a blood sample and my first born to prove we were who we claimed to be -- and we're SEMA members! They've made it very clear that only certain industries are welcome. For example, U-Line -- they manufacture boxes -- aren't allowed even though they're product is used by MOST retailers. Weird. Wonder why they've clamped down?

I think we'll be arriving on Sunday and leaving on Thursday. Pretty sure.
Any word on passes?

I know its early but don't want to waite till last minute.
I can probably get my passes localy through one of the shops in my area but would rather support PHP.
Old Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
Double Whopper

MercedesTech is on a distinguished road

I'll be going again this year, if all goes well. Its just a blast ! So much fun.

Not sure where I will be staying. Last year was the first time in downtown (el cortez) pretty sweet, and some decent prices (cheaper tables and drinks). NYNY is always fun. Ceasar's palace is a great place to stay. Another cheaper spot I have found is Palace Station. We usually stay at a different spot everytime we head out. Guess I will wait and see this year, money might be a little tight. Would be cool to meet up with some of yall, and toss a few back.

_ Mark Twain