Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 01:26 AM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough
Default Ain't it funny when

someone comes into an obsolete platform and asks a butt load of questions and when you try to help them when you have a ton of info and then they pretty much tell you that you don't know Jack. (No pun intended)
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 08:33 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean.
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 11:09 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

I get that all the time from my boss (old-timer). He will ask me all these questions about new cars, after I answer his question he continues to tell me about how he already knew the answer with a " yeah I knew that" responce. Sometimes I will get asked questions about something he obviously know nothing about and he will argue with me about it, its like dude, if you ask ME a question or MY advise you should respect my opinion. I have no problems toying around with idea's, but when he argues with me about how I am wrong...........grrr. Ohhh well......... what are you gonna do.
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 03:31 PM
Whopper

cowboy_dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
someone comes into an obsolete platform and asks a butt load of questions and when you try to help them when you have a ton of info and then they pretty much tell you that you don't know Jack. (No pun intended)
Welcome to my world.
Sometimes if I'm really, really, really lucky, I get a thank you.
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Bacon King

matt7.350 is on a distinguished road

No see I think you are wrong there... nah just kidding I hate that too, you really get alot of that in the army! The worst part about it in the army is when they should know what you are telling them because they out rank you and they have done this for almost 20 years. Its like What the ...
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 05:00 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

What? A few more chevrons and rockers (even the ones with stars in the middle) doesn't mean you are always right?

I guess that's why I stayed near the bottom of the totem pole.
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
I dunno, I kind of think I'm acquainted with you (pun intended).

But yup! I've certainly met a few of those in my life.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 09:12 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Thankfully, among "most" of my friends and coworkers, we all respected the input we received from each other, or at least didn't vocalize out thoughts on it.
What ticked me off was offering advice to a friend when he couldn't start his race car, and after he checked a multitude of things and got frustrated; I suggested he check the ignition module. Of course, he sniped: "It's new, that's not going to be the problem." After I left, he checked the module and found it was defective.
Why do people ask for input if they don't want to hear the answer?

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Fri, June 4th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

I had a MSGT with 22 years experiance tell me it made no differance if you cut a brake line and re did the end (forget the techincal name) I told him it did. He went on to say that on the 6.5 the reason for the fuel lines being the same length was a cost factor for manufaturing and got pissed when I told him that he was wrong, that they needed to be the same length for each injector to have the same volume of fuel and keep the timing correct. He argued the fact for weeks. I had Lisa send me my Bosch and Stanadyne books which had what I told him written out in black and white but still said he was right.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Fri, June 4th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Bacon King

matt7.350 is on a distinguished road

Oh I hate them types the most cause you are like I didnt just type this crap my self!