Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, April 24th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough
Default Brain Injuries

Let me start out as if this in appropiate then please delete it. I just wanted to share that with the help of the VA here in PHX and the Arizona Brain Injury Association (www.biaaz.org) that with the injuries that I had encountered in Iraq I have made what some would say an almost at a 90% recovery. I will still have problems as I am sure that some that I speak with alot will atest. But through treatment and support its something that I can live with. I am almost ready to continue my full time job at Cat and try to be a productive member of the community. Let me state that brain injuries don't only happen in the war zone, the happen to everday people here, from falling down to car accidents. The more research that goes into treating them means a better recovery for the individual. From my own personal status the VA went farther to help me than anybody has said that they would do. I want people to take a second and think, even a small bump on the head could be deadly. Natasha Richardson is a perfect example, she seemed normal after her accident but tragically passed. So keep an eye on your loved ones and remember that nothing is too small. I would also like to thank members here who have supported me through a difficult time. At least I can remeber when and where my children are born. If you would like to do more to support this cause pm me and I will give the information. I will continue to recover but lets not forget the ones that can't.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Fri, April 24th, 2009, 02:14 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Chuck,

Thanks for that post. We certainly can appreciate how delicate the brain is and how many people a year die or are disabled from brain injuries, both preventable and unpreventable. It's the preventable ones that are often the saddest, especially with children.

We will continue to pray for your recovery and hope that you are able to resume your life in an unimpeded capacity.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, April 24th, 2009, 06:50 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Chuck

Thanx for the informative post.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, April 24th, 2009, 09:17 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Good for you Chuck! And, thanks for the feedback on the VA too. They seem to be the targets of a lot of criticism at times, and I doubt it is all justified. It's pretty hard to work miracles when you're not funded properly.

Continue to get better, Brother!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, April 24th, 2009, 09:23 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Good for you Chuck! And, thanks for the feedback on the VA too. They seem to be the targets of a lot of criticism at times, and I doubt it is all justified. It's pretty hard to work miracles when you're not funded properly.

Continue to get better, Brother!

- Jack
It is also good to see the current administration making real efforts to Fully fund the VA and support our Veterans... More than I can say for the last admistration
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Fri, April 24th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Duty, Honor, Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
It is also good to see the current administration making real efforts to Fully fund the VA and support our Veterans... More than I can say for the last admistration
Actually the current admin is wanting the soldiers private insurance company to cover the cost.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Fri, April 24th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear of your recovery, hope everything keeps getting bettter.
Old Fri, April 24th, 2009, 10:47 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
Actually the current admin is wanting the soldiers private insurance company to cover the cost.
I don't know that that's a BAD plan - When Janet was working for a Managed Care company (she's a psychologist), the company was making "obscene" profits. I don't think the insurance companies are hurting even now. They simply apply the clever strategy of reducing the payments they will give to members of the medical profession for a particular service so that they can maintain their profit margin. Hospitals and clinics then, are forced to charge "enormous" fees to people who DON'T have insurance to cover their losses.

Do we need health care reform? It's clear to me that we do.

- Jack
Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Duty, Honor, Country

Why should my private insurance cover what happened in a war zone? Thats the BAD idea. Think about it my civilian employer pays a big part of my insurance coverage and if I have to go to a Dr. on a continuing basis. So even though my job performance is good but they have an employee that has continuing health problems and there is another guy that dont but even though his performance isn't as good then guess who gets the boot.
2004 Explorer Limited
Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 10:26 AM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
Why should my private insurance cover what happened in a war zone? Thats the BAD idea. Think about it my civilian employer pays a big part of my insurance coverage and if I have to go to a Dr. on a continuing basis. So even though my job performance is good but they have an employee that has continuing health problems and there is another guy that dont but even though his performance isn't as good then guess who gets the boot.
This is why I think we need health care reform, but, respectfully, here's what I think regarding your case - please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you are a Reservist, is that correct? If so, your employer is obligated by law to keep your job open for you upon your return from any deployment. Effectively, you are placed on "unpaid vacation" by your employer. Certain things such as your "seniority" should continue to gain in value while you are deployed. I suspect the employer does not have to pay your health insurance premiums during this time (since the military is covering it) but your insurance is not "canceled", and, injuries you suffer while deployed cannot be considered "prior conditions" by the insurance company when you return. The company HAS to cover you.

And, I think your employer negotiates "group" rates with the insurance company. I'd find it very hard to believe that an insurance company would bill your employer for each covered employee separately, based on their medical claims. That would be a billing nightmare! So, as far as your employer is concerned, your medical insurance is not a factor - he pays the same for every other employee.

But, of course, your time away from work DOES cost the employer - no question there. And, sadly, this could make the other worker who doesn't have chronic health problems more useful to him. But, it's not the cost of your insurance that's the problem. You and the other guy have exactly the same health care costs.

I just hope you can get through this quickly and back to work full time. It's got to be hell for you the way things are now.

- Jack
Closed Thread