Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

jimmyv13 is on a distinguished road
Default Edge Juice w/Attitude monitor problem

A buddy of mine who doesn't frequent the forums asked me to help him with his Edge. He bought his '06 F250 6.0L PSD with the Edge Juice w/Attitude installed and it ran great. He unplugged the display for some time, a couple of months, and when he tried to plug the unit back in, there's no display. The unit shows a blank screen, has power, just no monitoring. He said he followed the instructions in the manual. The canned tunes work fine, there's just no monitoring on the Attitude. I feel it something simple...my Edge has done this and I simply shut my truck down and turned the key back to on and it worked. This didn't work for his unfortunately.

Any quick tips I should let him know?

Thanks.

Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 04:48 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I don't know any particulars about the Edge Juice, but has he disconnected it, turned the ignition key to ON without starting and THEN plugged it back in?

What you're describing sounds a bit like the initialization problem Gryphons have when not connected properly.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 04:54 PM

He said he followed the instructions to a "T", so if it says that in the manual, then that's what he did.

He emailed Bill to see what he suggests, but has not heard back yet.
Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv13 View Post
He said he followed the instructions to a "T", so if it says that in the manual, then that's what he did.

He emailed Bill to see what he suggests, but has not heard back yet.
This does not shock me.

Bill's working like a maniac, and I know he's behind on his e-mails. I just read your post to him, though, and his suggestion is actually to contact Edge. It sounds like a component failure if the display isn't working but it's getting power. Let us know what you find out!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 06:19 PM

Thanks Corey...yeah, I figured Bill was buried.
Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

AND he's sick... guess I gave him my cooties. He's taking Mucinex, Tylenol Sinus, and Excedrin -- he figures one of them has got to work. He's got practically no voice left from coughing so much, but he's still planning on working into the night!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 06:54 PM

Damn, he's hardcore!!!!