Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed, September 15th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Whopper

bigterp is on a distinguished road
Default E-Fans?? Pulleys??........

Hi all. I've been trolling the forums for awhile now and finally decided to hit you all with my first post. I recenlty purchased an '07 supercab F150 FX4 5.4L 4x4, 45,000 miles. I'm currently working on a Magnaflow SI/DO same side exit Performance Cat-Back, a Gryphon with custom tunes and was also going to add a CAI. After talking with Corey from PHP she convinced me to do the gotts/DVM mod which I just completed over the weekend. So now that I have an extra $300 bones to spend I'm trying to decide what to do next. I'm leaning towards doing an e-fan conversion. Specifically this one from FF Dynamics: Fan Kit. I'm also intrigued by the underdrive pulley kits that I here alot about. I've tried to research them but still don't fully understand what they do and how they help performance.

I'm looking to increase the performance of my truck. So I guess my questions are:

1. Should I do the e-fan conversion?? If so, will my custom tunes need to be adjusted? Any experience with the FF Dynamics kits??
2. Should I do the pulley conversion?? If so, will my tunes need adjusted, and what is a good kit for my F150?
3. Should I stay away from both and put my $300 towards something else? If so, what?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

Last edited by bigterp; Mon, September 20th, 2010 at 02:25 PM.