Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, January 28th, 2011, 07:19 PM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road

Alright, finally got my new toy(s) in and tested actual ICP voltage today.

First I got a programmable digial multimeter tapped off the ICP sensor output lead (and scaled such that 0 volts = -143 psi, 5 volts = +4015 psi, (based on line fitting the ICP volts vs pressure data I could find)).

With KOEO, reading was 74 psi (or .26 volts)

When idling, readout is ~550-600 psi fluctuating (or ~.87 volts)

When in the 80DD tune, the readout plateaued and stuck at 2180 psi (or 2.79 volts) no matter how long or how hard hammering the accelerator. This is similar to what I saw w/ AutoEnginuity, except that value AE reported peaked at 1740.

When in the 100Perf tune, the readout, the peak value I saw was over 3800 (or 4.75 volts)

So there is a slight difference in overall values between voltage output and AE reading, likely an error in how AE scales or how I have my scaling on the readout. But in general, this shows that my 80DD tune still has something funny about it, which caps the ICP pressure at what ever can be achieved with an IPR DC of ~60% (which is what it always maxes at in the 80DD).

So I'm happy to report that AE seems to be pretty truthful in reporting everything I've documented, which was my big worry.

Bill, for a cross check of my sanity , could you please look at my 80HP tune and validate if you see something funky please?! Pretty Please

As far as the multimeter gauge I found, if anyone cares, I got these Auber multimeters (Automobile Multimeter for EGT, Boost, Red [SYL-1813R] - $48.50 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry), for the price, they are awesome! They will do 0-5V, 0-10V, RTD, thermocouples, mV signals, etc. I bought 2 and am hooking up the 2nd for fuel pressure gauge. They have peak/min value recall, and alarms, and I like the fact if you know what your sensor puts out, you can calibrate the readout to know what you got for any kind of sensor. I attached some pics of it very temporarily hooked up for reference, the pictures don't do it any justice.... but I like it alot. Plan to put em on the dash next to the Gryphon.

Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0314-1.jpg (112.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0316-1.jpg (111.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0324-1.jpg (8.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0321-1.jpg (172.0 KB, 5 views)
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback
Old Mon, February 7th, 2011, 01:01 PM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road
Default bump

Bump to try and catch Bill or Cody's eye

I'm still just looking to see if there is anything in the my 80HP tune that would cap ICP, as I've verified by voltage measurement something is limiting the the peak value, as was reported by AE also (strictly only in the 80HP tune, despite it driving well in that tune).

Its still mostly curiosity killing the cat on my part

thanks,
eric
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback